(Another) New Beginning tomorrow

Dot T.
on 1/4/15 9:49 am - Bartlesville, OK

I'm going back to the basics again tomorrow...  I totally wasted my first year after RNY & now I have regrets.  I never did lose as much as I would have liked (my fault, I never did exercise like I should have), but as a "lightweight" I did lose the percentage of weight my doctor predicted I would lose, so I was a "success."

Although I have gained some weight over the years (totally my fault for not following the rules) I am nowhere near the weight I was at the time of surgery, nor have I gained close to half of what I lost, but it is time, once again, to get back to the RULES!

Thanks for listening!

burgundy721
on 1/4/15 9:55 am

I am doing the same I am out 5yrs next month on my 33rd birthday. I have gained weight back after working so hard. I let a lot of work stress and anxiety get in the way of what was best for me. I am so ready to get back into shape, and I'm not going to let myself down. :) Good luck on your new beginning, and I know we can do it. :)

Dot T.
on 1/4/15 10:08 am - Bartlesville, OK

Good luck to you too!  Yes, we can do it!

I know my tool still works.  I feel it when I eat the wrong foods (bread & pasta, for example) don't chew well enough, try to eat too much, drink after eating, etc. My problem has been and still is that I eat the wrong slider foods 95% of the time & don't get nearly enough protein or exercise. 

I actually got out a binder that I've had since 2008, some of the pages are from this website, some given to me by my surgeon/dietician and I put together a game plan, actually planned out my menu's (in planner form w/ time of day, supplements, etc) and did my grocery shopping. 

As I was shopping, I was amazed at the déjà vu I was feeling!  Totally took me back all those years to my shopping habits before surgery & immediately following!

Now, if I can just stick to it and get to MOVING!!

Thanks for your vote of confidence!  Keep in touch!

burgundy721
on 1/5/15 2:23 am

Thank you too and you keep in touch as well. I agree as well that I can too feel that my tool still works. I still get full right away, but I just need to get back into the working out part. I noticed that I had to workout constantly to maintain. :) I picked some healthy protein and I am excited to start this new beginning as well.

Tracy D.
on 1/5/15 2:54 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Dot - congrats to you for digging out that binder and going back to basics!   Moving is important but it's not the reason for regain...and it's never the reason for losing.  You will never out-exercise bad eating...ever.  

Exercise isn't about losing weight - it's about getting fit so that your body burns more calories when it's just sitting around and resting.  The battle of the bulge is won at the kitchen table - period.  

All the best to you as you get back on that horse and ride it to success 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Dot T.
on 1/5/15 7:36 am - Bartlesville, OK

Thanks!  I know I need to build muscle to help burn calories. Because I haven't been following the rules (protein first & daily exercise) I have lost so much strength it is scary!  I notice it especially in my legs. I cannot kneel & stand back up on my own without struggle. I for sure have to use my hands/arms to get back up, but even then, my upper body strength is so week that it is difficult to get back up!  I'm turning 43 this month and that is too young to not be able to get up from being on the floor!

I also last summer tried to jump down off a tailgate of a pick-up and it was almost like I didn't have any legs to land on!  They just bent under me & I landed on my rump!  Luckily I was on plush grass & didn't get hurt!

my weakness is actually embarrassing & I'm afraid if it gets any worse, next time I fall, I will hurt myself!

thanks again for your reply. 

Kathy S.
on 1/5/15 2:39 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Ladies

Right there with you.  I am going to be doing some posts to help us with getting back on track, please check them out and if you  have not already done so, be sure and join Back On Track Together.  Just click the link in my signature line area.

WE CAN DO THIS

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Dot T.
on 1/5/15 8:19 am - Bartlesville, OK

Thanks. I'll check out the link!

Dot T.
on 1/5/15 8:40 am - Bartlesville, OK

I'm literally going back to the early days post op type diet & am going to graduate myself up.  I feel like I need this lesson in order to truly change my mindset on the foods that I eat. So, here is what my day looked like today:

breakfast: yogurt

snack: protein shake

lunch: 2 oz refried beans and cheese stick

dinner: 1 boiled egg w/ light mayo on 3 saltine crackers

plus all my vitamins & minerals on a schedule like they should be taken. I confess, I don't take my vitamins as I should either :-(

I was very pleasantly surprised at the fact I actually liked the taste of the shakes I had today!  So much so that I will share the recipes:

Cocoa-Mocha Morning - 1 scoop chocolate protein powder - 1 c. Skim milk - 1 T decaf FF French vanilla instant international delight coffee powder (not the creamer, it is a coffee drink) - 1 T SF chocolate syrup - few ice cubes

Chocolate Frosty Shake - 1 scoop chocolate protein powder - 1 tsp FF SF French Vanilla instant coffee powder - 1 tsp FF original non-dairy creamer - few ice cubes

Chocolate Peanut butter shake - 1 scoop chocolate protein powder - 1 T peanut butter (I used PB2) - 1 c. Skim milk - few ice cubes

tomorrow's protein shakes are Good Morning Banana Strawberry, Strawberry Orange Banana, and Luscious Piña Colada.  Hope I like them as well as I did my chocolate today!!

Dot T.
on 1/5/15 10:07 am - Bartlesville, OK

I absolutely hate it, but I'm very sensitive to artificial sweeteners!  They give me horrible headaches :-(  today I drank 24 Oz Propel and 24 oz G2, plus whatever artificial sweetener may have been in the protein shakes. This makes me so mad!

im suffering through a headache at this very moment :-(

Most Active