Drinking protein or not??

margaret odom
on 1/13/15 10:06 pm - sumner, GA

As I sit here at nine in the morning eatting cabbage and turkey breast leftover from dinner last night I wonder if anyone else does this lol...  I have tryed protein shakes of all kinds but tend to lean toward constipation alot... Sometimes not feeling meals and would like to have a protein drink. I do greek yogurt and other low fat protein things but don't seem to really hit the spot satisfying....Any suggestions?

Karma....What would life be without it?  250lbs gone! 410/160... Life's sweet!

Gwen M.
on 1/13/15 10:38 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I have a protein shake every morning for breakfast and I don't have issues with constipation.  I do, however, add benefiber (to prevent diarrhea), magnesium citrate (to help with swelling in my ankles and also with bowel movements) and, if I don't poop in the morning, I add a dose of Miralax as well.  I have to add Miralax maybe 2-3 times a month, so it's not a common thing.  

I don't think a shake would be satisfying if greek yogurt isn't.. shakes don't hang around making us feel full at all!  How about a pouch of tuna fish instead?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

poet_kelly
on 1/14/15 12:46 am - OH

If you would like to have a protein drink, then have one.  If they make you constipated and you don't like that, then don't have a shake.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Poodlemac
on 1/14/15 8:14 am
RNY on 09/26/14

I find the Atkins RTD shakes help keep me "going" while other shakes do not. In fact, I think the Premier Protein shakes do the opposite. I have a shake for breakfast so I can enjoy it with my coffee. 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1368 views