Vitamin

Dawn W.
on 1/18/15 9:30 am

What do u take for a multivitamin? 

poet_kelly
on 1/18/15 10:12 am - OH

A generic equivalent to Centrum, either the Family Dollar brand or the Meijer brand, whichever I get cheaper.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

GooseGirl
on 1/18/15 11:26 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

I use Bariatric Advantage Chewable High A,D,K multi-vitamin

bellalynacy
on 1/18/15 6:35 pm

Believe it or not, Two Flintstones Complete Chewable a day.  My blood tests are all great.  My surgeon said stay away from Gummies.

Bella Lunacy

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/15 8:04 pm
On January 19, 2015 at 2:35 AM Pacific Time, bellalynacy wrote:

Believe it or not, Two Flintstones Complete Chewable a day.  My blood tests are all great.  My surgeon said stay away from Gummies.

Bella Lunacy

Same here.  

poet_kelly
on 1/19/15 2:37 am - OH

Flinstones aren't really complete, even though it says complete on the label.  For instance, they have no selenium.  Are you getting your selenium level checked?  The ASMBS says to take an adult multivitamin that has minerals like selenium.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jeffboutwell77
on 1/18/15 9:44 pm - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Centrum Flavor burst and I take four in the morning and two for lunch and two for dinner one bottle usually last me two weeks. monthly cost $20 +tax.

LIFE IS HARD, BUT GIVING UP HAS NO REWARDS!!!

poet_kelly
on 1/19/15 2:37 am - OH

What about all the things missing from those?  Are you taking pantothenic acid and copper and selenium and stuff separately?

Pokemom
on 1/19/15 12:09 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Hi, PoetKelly! Since you seem very knowledgeable about this, can you direct me to a complete list of critical vits/minerals I need? This is a concern to me, but I am not sure what, exactly, I need, beyond the basic multi, b12, and calcium citrate. My surgeon does not specify a particular multi...just says to take one. I have felt pretty good about the quality of the ones I am taking, but a feeling is just a feeling. Without any list to compare against, I am not sure. Thanks!

poet_kelly
on 1/19/15 7:34 pm - OH

Most Active