Need support

Chrisarchila
on 3/7/15 2:38 am

hello my name is Chris, I'm two weeks post op from gastric bypass. I gotta admit, I'm having a really hard time emotional wise. Just been feeling depress, I just feel like I'm never gonna feel better. If there's anybody in the Los angeles area that would like to be post op buddy's, I think it'll be a tremendous help for both. Thanks in advance. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/7/15 2:54 am
RNY on 08/05/19

A lot of people here find it very helpful to talk to a counselor or therapist. Psychology Today has a great resource for finding someone to talk to.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/15 4:06 am

You will feel better. I know that sounds cheesy but you will. I think with having the surgery. It makes us really look at ourselves and we do beat ourselves up for having to have the surgery. Our hormones are so off afterwards also. There is a search box on the top with a magnifying glass and it can help. 

I have depression and anxiety I do go to therapy and take meds for it. Going to talk to someone does help. They don't judge you and you can tell them anything without worrying someone will find out. 

Take care of yourself. 

Gwen M.
on 3/7/15 9:58 am
VSG on 03/13/14

If you aren't already, I highly recommend seeing a therapist.  I started seeing mine a few months before surgery and she's been a very important part of my Obesity Recovery Team.  It might take a few tries to find one you click with, but it's really important.  The surgery fixes our stomachs, but we've got to put in the work to fix our brains.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

christinamudd
on 3/8/15 8:43 pm

Ill be your buddy :) I Live in Huntington Beach, CA.  I'm sorry you feel depressed.  I like your name by the way :) I get a little frustrated that a lot of things hurt to eat.  But I have been on a testing frenzy so it's really my own fault.  But message me and we will keep in touch :)

HW: 407  CW: 359 - RNY 02/18/15

Most Active