5 weeks post op

Chrisarchila
on 3/23/15 4:18 pm

so Im starting to eat a bit more solids now, I've been doing good as far as keeping everything down so far. Today I had some pollo loco and it actually hurt for about 10 min. So my question for you guys farther out is, is it too soon for chicken and will I have to chew my food till purée for the rest of my life, I always chewed my food of course but not like this. At this point I'm focusing more on chewing than actually enjoying my food. I've also had some beef yesterday and had no issues, it was way more juicy than the chicken dough.  Thanks in advanced. 

NikkyBeauty
on 3/23/15 7:58 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Well I'm around the same time frame as you post op im on soft foods but I don't have to purée my meat it just has to be moist and tender. I notice if my meat isn't moist enough it hurts going down and also when I introduce new solids foods the same thing. I make sure to chew my food up really well regardless I'm such a worrier I'll probably do this for months because Im always so concerned about the pouch! I was told that if something dosent agree with your pouch wait a week and try it again, so try chicken again later on and make sure it's very moist!

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Most Active