Super Excited and (most importantly) HIGHLY MOTIVATED!!! Woohoo!!!

cathey9338
on 3/23/15 10:28 am - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 06/19/12 with

I've posted a couple of things lately about really struggling and feeling like it's a huge emotional battle that I'm not equipped to win.  I know the basics - I'm pretty good at the basics - but sometimes I just get consumed with bad choices.

So I started coming back here and reading what others were posting about their mental and emotional struggles – and man has it helped!! While certainly not the magic light bulb I would have loved… what I have gotten is such a refreshing reminder that there are so many other awesome people that have encountered similar struggles at one point or another. 

Reading the success stories, reading the similar frustrations, reading the humble posts... Most certainly helping me remember why I had surgery in the first place... Reminding me of all the successes I've had... Reenergizing my enthusiasm for the next step in this journey.  Priceless!

I have been making solid steps in the right direction for the last several weeks. Today I finally found some clarity in my next step and my next milestone. I'm three months out from my three year surgery anniversary - and I am looking forward to a solid check-in! 

So thank you everyone for the encouragement to keep coming back and getting plugged in! It has made a difference. ;-)

MegZorar
on 3/23/15 11:15 am

YAY you! Keep on trucking. 

Kara D.
on 3/23/15 11:51 am
VSG on 03/02/15

Thank you for your thoughts. It gives me a reminder that I am not alone and others here can help relieve my anxiety at times. I forget I am not alone, even thought I have a supportive husband and family, it's not always the same as talking to others going through or have gone through what I am.

MickeyDee
on 3/24/15 3:25 am

Definitely right;  almost as good as live support group meetings.  Sometimes I've felt the online support is better.  Sometimes the live groups wind up being taken over by one or two strong personalities, leaving others who might be shyer not willing to speak up about their own journeys.

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/18 5:47 pm
DS on 12/17/18

Hi Cathey, I'm also a patient with Dr Nain, and I've enjoyed reading your story. How are you doing now? I am scheduled to have RNY around December with Dr Nain.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1421 views