Trying not to be annoyed, everyone is having pizza

sunflower74
on 3/26/15 10:03 am - Salem, NJ
VSG on 03/09/09 with

so it's been a while and I was off track for longer than I care to admit. I decided to stop fooling myself and put my sleeve to work. I live in a house with 3 other adults and my 4 year old son. Meal times are not always easy because I choose to go low carb. Tonight one of the house mates (who is well aware of my struggle as she too is going for wls in a few months) decided to order dinner. Ok fine. No one has to cook. The plan was to get pizza for those that can eat and something else for us. I was outside playing with my son. Turns out the only thing ordered were 2 large pizzas. Really? The one who ordered is sleeping. I had to cook for myself and stay in the kitchen to avoid seeing and smelling the pizza. The struggle for me to stay on track is incredibly difficult but I have held strong. So the point of all this is how do you sit by yourself eating alone and not feel sorry for yourself? Yes I get I am making the right choice but it's hard. I clearly have emotional issues with food. Anyone else feel this way when they have to exclude themselves? 

hollykim
on 3/26/15 10:52 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 26, 2015 at 5:03 PM Pacific Time, sunflower74 wrote:

so it's been a while and I was off track for longer than I care to admit. I decided to stop fooling myself and put my sleeve to work. I live in a house with 3 other adults and my 4 year old son. Meal times are not always easy because I choose to go low carb. Tonight one of the house mates (who is well aware of my struggle as she too is going for wls in a few months) decided to order dinner. Ok fine. No one has to cook. The plan was to get pizza for those that can eat and something else for us. I was outside playing with my son. Turns out the only thing ordered were 2 large pizzas. Really? The one who ordered is sleeping. I had to cook for myself and stay in the kitchen to avoid seeing and smelling the pizza. The struggle for me to stay on track is incredibly difficult but I have held strong. So the point of all this is how do you sit by yourself eating alone and not feel sorry for yourself? Yes I get I am making the right choice but it's hard. I clearly have emotional issues with food. Anyone else feel this way when they have to exclude themselves? 

totally.t has never gotten easier for me. 

The thing to remember is it is not forever. When you return to regular food,you can have the topping off the pizza and be totally on plan.

Kathy S.
on 3/26/15 11:24 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Give yourself credit for staying strong and eating on your plan.  You could have said forget it and had several pieces of pizza and you didn't.  See it as s triumph not a defeat. You Can Do It!  

Get back to the basics and take it one day at a time.  If you have not done so, check out the Back On Track Together group.  The link is in my signature line area.

We look forward to your updates

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

kathkeb
on 3/26/15 3:40 pm

I don't exclude myself.  I serve my plate (or my shake back in the liquid days) and I sit and eat and socialize.

I remind myself that 'that's not your food' for the stuff I don't eat, but I still participate.

I did 26 weeks of Medifast several years ago .... And learned to just do my won thing.

Most of the time for dinner, I am not eating what my husband does, but we still sit together and chat.

I hope you can find a way to stick to your plan amidst others who are eating differently.

Kath

seattledeb
on 3/26/15 7:35 pm

Pizza lost it's appeal for me. I got lucky that was one of the outcomes of my surgery.

We order pizza when there are 3 13 year old boys in the house. I don't have to worry because they eat it in minutes.

You are  on your journey. Make food you like. Have treats that are only for you and that work for your plan.

Good luck

Deb T.

Kate -True Brit
on 3/26/15 7:37 pm - UK

However hard it might be, I am like KathKeb.  I sit with others and just eat my own thing.  But it was thoughtless of your housemate to forget to get something for you. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

TanyaRN
on 3/26/15 11:19 pm - Palm Bay, FL

Even though it is hard, you have to remember this is a lifelong commitment. You own your journey and all its successes or failures. You will be around food all your life and people wont always be able to accomondate your dietary limitations and it really ultimately is not their responsibility, so we have to learn to adapt or plan ahead.

sunflower74
on 3/27/15 12:02 am - Salem, NJ
VSG on 03/09/09 with

So I had time to process what was happening and I am ok.  It was hard at first because it brought up a lot of old issues and the inner dialogue was unpleasant (you dont deserve to eat, you had enough calories today and so on...).  The good news is, I was able to recognize the dialogue and shut it down quickly.  However at the time of my original post i was still in mid pity party.  The room mate woke up after dinner was over and she went for some pizza.  We currently have an extra house guest staying in my sons room, which puts him in my room which in turn left me no where to "escape" to.  I ended up going to a store just to get away and clear my head.  When I came home my roommate asked me what was wrong and I explained.  I told her that I do not expect anyone to eat differently than me.  I understand that there are always going to be tempting foods and that I put no blame on anyone.  I accept that this is my journey and my choices.  My rational mind during all this was like "you got this girl" but the emotional mind was the one I had to battle.  Thanks for everyone input.  I will be checking out the back on track group too.  

Valerie G.
on 3/27/15 12:07 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I too would have enjoyed the toppings off of a couple of slices, and make best firends with the dog for the crust.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

sunflower74
on 3/27/15 12:09 am - Salem, NJ
VSG on 03/09/09 with

Eating the toppings would have been nice but they ordered pepperoni and sausage...yuck.  LOL

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1128 views