Wednesday B*TCHFest - hey ho, let's go!
For you NEW KIDS, HERE ARE THE RULES:
"B*TCHFest" is provided as a public service to those of us who have gripes and grievances but who (whom?), for whatever reason, lack a regular forum in which to air them. You are welcome to voice any problems - large or small, important, mundane or ridiculous - that currently have your panties wadded, your shorts frosted and your gears ground. Don't hold them in and risk future medical issues, wrinkles and/or those pesky gray hairs.
ANY and ALL issues that are plaguing you are open for you to voice; there are no "sacred cows." They say that "feelings aren't facts", so if you're feeling it, it's legit to you. NO ONE is allowed to flame a poster for something he or she writes, however commiseration is not only welcomed but encouraged. Please, no personal attacks against other OH members (at least, not by name).
I'll start you off with a few gripes of mine, and you all can join in at any time! No limits - come back as many times as you like!
WARNING! Posts may (and probably will) contain "adult" content and language. Rated TV-MA.
- my car. I love you, and am soooo glad that you're still running at 230,000+ miles. But please hang in there a little longer?
- the beetles that are killing my lovely lilies: I am going nuclear on your little asses **** off out of here.
- people who walk in the middle of the street instead of on the sidewalk. Move!
- people who drive at 8:30 at night with their headlights off. WTF??
- the cosmos: (singing) what have, what have I, what have I done to deserve this?
All right, everyone. It's your turn. Ready, set, *****!
This is similar to yours Bette...But I hate and I mean HATE it when people walk in the middle of the parking lot!!!! Making it impossible for you to drive down the lane. This happens all of the time now. When did this become acceptable??? I always walk on the side.
I hate when I answer the phone at work and the person on the other end of the phone is eating or talking to someone else. I have to wait for them to finish swallowing their food or stop talking. Hey, you called me. How about you wait to call people until you ready to talk. It's so unprofessional!!!
OR....they talk like they got sh*t in their mouths. People annunciate your words!!! I can't understand a word you are saying to me!!!
Ok that feels much better... Whew.
For you . . .
on 5/20/15 2:10 am, edited 5/20/15 2:11 am
I hate people who schedule my kids for too much stuff in May, which IMO is busier than December if you have school-aged kids. There are SOOOOOO many things already: school concerts, recitals, sports, AP tests, projects and papers. And we are a family who try to limit stuff--but in May it just comes like a tsunami. When there are so many things already, why do the church youth leaders also schedule 5-hour hikes, or 2-hour activities, on school nights? Wait until school is out, please!
Today I am hating the entire god-damned state of Nebraska 39 degrees in the morning today, really? Snow in the western part of the state this morning, really? Doesn't the state know that it's Memorial Day weekend in a couple days. Grrrr....
And don't get me started on the right-winged crazies that run this stupid state - especially our governor who basically bought the election (because millionaires can outspend everyone else) and refuses to listen to anyone else's ideas other than his own.
And the wind....good god, the wind never stops blowing in this god-forsaken place
OMG how am I just seeing this, I love it. Sometimes you get tired of b*tching to friends and family, who lets face it, are probably tired of listening to it. And let's be real, I can't complain about my coworkers TO my coworkers.
1. My MA (I'm an RN not a doc), who is out sick again today, despite having already taken 6 weeks of vacation total this year, who is possibly limiting when I can get my surgery because I have to schedule around more upcoming vacations that she "NEEDS" to take off for what the f*ck ever
2. I agree with everyone in the middle of the road/middle of the parking lot/middle of the lane~seriously if you need to jaywalk at least do it quickly and get out the way like everyone else.
3. When calling to schedule my surgical pre-check appointment I had to basically walk the coordinator person over the phone on where to go in the electronic medical record to find all of my requirements that were already completed so that she could print them out for the doctor to review so that I could even schedule the appointment. 45 minutes wasted on the phone with her helping her do her job, although not a total waste since I got my appointment scheduled (6/25/15)
4. how amazing is it that grown adults, working in an office, can revert back to being teenagers so easily!
Thank you for this forum, and this website in general, so helpful!
Bette, thank you for this valuable public service I agree with you about people who walk in the street.
1. Forum Nannies
2. Those who text and drive. Just to be clear: your inane text is more important than everyone's safety?
3. I do not enjoy comments about personal appearance. Oh, you don't like the way I dress, my hair, or the way I look? Well, off you **** then. I think you come to work looking like you need a good dandruff shampoo and an iron, but I manage to hold my tongue. So should you, especially since you consider Target the height of fashion. Now, if I came to work looking like a $2 hooker after nickel night, I would want you to say something.
Also, anything you say is something I've already heard. One doesn't simply grow up dirt poor and fat to boot without hearing a wide variety of epithets, slurs, and put downs. I've got the vocabulary of a well-read sailor, so nothing your limited scope of insult generates is much of a surprise. Be happy I hold my tongue.
I fight badgers with spoons.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
"3. I do not enjoy comments about personal appearance. Oh, you don't like the way I dress, my hair, or the way I look? Well, off you **** then. I think you come to work looking like you need a good dandruff shampoo and an iron, but I manage to hold my tongue. So should you, especially since you consider Target the height of fashion. Now, if I came to work looking like a $2 hooker after nickel night, I would want you to say something."
Kate-right there with you. I have a coworker who constantly is telling me my hair is sticking up (I'm in the process of growing it from short to longer), really, I know it's sticking up!! LOL