This week's B*TCHFest - who's ready?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/10/15 12:22 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

My ***** for today is about people who (apparently) have a problem with my comment/s, yet refuse to say so directly. If you have a problem with someone, it is courteous to let them know so that the problem and/or misunderstanding can be cleared up.

In that vein? SS, I have a problem with the fact that you've indirectly complained about my comment MULTIPLE times on the boards, rather than attempting to have a productive discussion. I don't believe my (IMO harmless) comment was out of line, and while we can agree to disagree I don't appreciate this sort of passive-aggressive calling-out. :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

SkinnyScientist
on 6/10/15 1:15 pm

My feelings are mine...

When I start a thread, it the topic on MY MIND not yours.

Passive aggressive, I wouldn't call it that. I can't even remember if you were the original poster who criticized or not. Not worth my time to look it up either because MY ISSUE IS I get pissed at people who like to shoot down/de-mean the good/well meant efforts of others. Yet these individuals RARELY offer an alternative to the one they just tore down.

If it was you, well then I guess I got a problem with you. If one feels bad about it, don't be wrecking ball. Build/suggest an alternative to the one just ripped down. 

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/10/15 6:21 am, edited 6/10/15 6:41 am
RNY on 08/05/19

>> "They do make 4oz jars though, and you could scale the recipe back."

I think that sounds like an alternative, no? :)

If you want to get upset at others who "shoot down" others without offering suggestions, you (and anyone else) has that right. I'm just confused why it's happening here when an alternative WAS suggested. 

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

rocky513
on 6/11/15 4:12 pm - WI
On June 10, 2015 at 1:15 PM Pacific Time, SkinnyScientist wrote:

My feelings are mine...

When I start a thread, it the topic on MY MIND not yours.

Passive aggressive, I wouldn't call it that. I can't even remember if you were the original poster who criticized or not. Not worth my time to look it up either because MY ISSUE IS I get pissed at people who like to shoot down/de-mean the good/well meant efforts of others. Yet these individuals RARELY offer an alternative to the one they just tore down.

If it was you, well then I guess I got a problem with you. If one feels bad about it, don't be wrecking ball. Build/suggest an alternative to the one just ripped down. 

posterity

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

rocky513
on 6/11/15 4:13 pm - WI
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/11/15 8:16 pm - OH

As pointed out, there WERE some alternatives suggested and you already admitted that you may have misread/misinterpreted.  You have *****ed about it in three separate threads.  Now let it go, FFS. 

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/10/15 12:34 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Beat

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

SkinnyScientist
on 6/10/15 1:16 pm

Kind of a member of a pack versus "captain of your own ship"?

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/10/15 1:36 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Yes, that must be the case  

I guess I'm a little off my game, considering that someone I consider an online friend and invaluable asset to OH has died unexpectedly, yet a controversy about salads in mason jars merits a comment in *****Fest from someone who won't let it go or admit when she's wrong.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/15 1:43 pm

I just want to know what the hell happened to tupperware. Also shouldn't we make salad in baby food jars since they are smaller?

I also think don't ever drink moonshine and don't ever eat the fruit out of moonshine. 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1399 views