Here it comes: B*TCHFest!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/1/15 11:10 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I interviewed for a major promotion at the office yesterday. I'm fairly certain to get it, but the HR lady who handles that sort of thing is out of the office until Tuesday, so I have to worry about it until at least then.

Pregnancy food stuff is seriously ******g with my brain. I'm OK as far as weight-gain goes, but after working my ass off to lose in the first place, getting up at 3am for a bowl of raisin bran (with OB approval!) is WEIRD.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

hollykim
on 7/1/15 12:15 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

FORUM NANNIES! Do you think we CARE what you think? Who do you think died and made you GOD? You can't tell ppl what they can and cannot post as long as they are not violating TOS! Get a real life and if you can't take the heat get out the kitchen!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/1/15 3:46 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Bonus points for folks who are brand-new to a site (this or any other) and don't bother to lurk and get a feel for the board culture before telling others off.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

alouisa63
on 7/1/15 1:14 pm - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

I don't want to adult anymore.  I'm over being responsible and level headed (most of the time) and don't want to pay bills or do laundry..... or clean bathrooms!  I want to go back and kick my preteen self who thought growing up would be fun!

Jaime M.
on 7/1/15 3:21 pm
RNY on 08/31/15

I'm with you, seriously no adult-ing ever would be nice.  Alas, I have a 15 month old son and a job and a spouse and and and and...LOL

The Salty Hag
on 7/1/15 3:14 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

My ***** is about doctors' offices. Specifically, a psychiatrist's office my daughter was referred to to help with her newly diagnosed bipolar 1 disorder and the meds involved. Apparently, they don't take our insurance, but they never bothered to call me back. At no time during the referral process did they say they our insurance wasn't accepted. We were working with the hospital she'd been in to get the referral. They were be never told either. I only found out because one of her counselors here in town was finally able to get ahold of an actual live person at the office and ask what the deal was. I've finally found a doctor to work with her, but damn it...why didn't the other practice just call me back and tell me? Why did they have to **** with us and ignore me for almost a damn month?? My kid started to run out of meds, and dummy me didn't realize there were no refills on her prescriptions. Our family doc was to write her new prescriptions...thank goodness. 

My other ***** is about my daughter's counselors. She sees two different ones, one is through a pre-trial intervention program she is attending because she was caught shoplifting last fall. 

Long story short, BOTH counselors are second guessing my decision to delay my daughter's going away to college by a semester. I just don't feel she's ready for the stress of starting college away from home so soon after being diagnosed bipolar 1 just about two months ago. (When she graduated, she'd only been out of an in-patient facility for FIVE days.) My daughter was not happy about the situation, but seemed to accept it. She can go to college the semester starting next month, I just don't want her living on her own a hundred miles away from me right now.

I don't appreciate them trying to usurp my authority as her parent, and it ****** me off. Her PTI counselor even went as far as to invite my daughter to go with her and her daughter to orientation next week at the University of South Carolina. ( Both girls happened to be accepted there, and were set to attend the same orientation anyway, but my kid wasn't going to attend since she won't be there in the fall. Now, of course, my daughter wants to go and I'm the evil bad mom for not budging. Yay. ) Thanks for making things even more difficult between my daughter and me, ladies! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Hislady
on 7/1/15 3:26 pm - Vancouver, WA

Sounds a bit unethical to be mixing counseling and social, personal life. Stick to your guns mom you know best!

The Salty Hag
on 7/2/15 4:28 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Right?? That's what I thought!! I'm glad the counselor likes my kid and all, but damn...that's crossing a line. 

Luckily, this isn't her personal counselor...just one she has to see for a few more months. 

Tom Petty

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/15 4:33 am

That really sucks Audrey. I think you are making the right decision on waiting a semester. She has been through a lot. School can just add so much pressure to there lives. 

The Salty Hag
on 7/2/15 4:29 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Thanks, Susan. 

Tom Petty

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1374 views