Emory in midtown Atlanta

jpend
on 7/18/15 9:34 am

Anyone used them? DH and I have our first consultation with them on 8/6/15 looking for some feedback on your experience...will xpost on the GA forum

Kathy S.
on 7/18/15 10:03 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hello jpend,

Is this the facility you are talking about?  If so, click the review tabs and read the experiences of our members from having surgery there.  

http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/hospital/emory-johns-cre ek-hospital/

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

jpend
on 7/18/15 10:10 am

Thanks for the reply Kathy, this center is affiliated with 

Emory midtown but they are different facilities. I am going to read some of the reviews though!☺

Jules78
on 7/21/15 1:35 pm, edited 7/21/15 1:35 pm - GA
VSG on 05/01/14

Hi, that's where I had my surgery with Dr Singh. They were absolutely wonderful. Everyone in the office is so nice and supportive. Meagan the nutritionist is very knowledgable and helpful and the support meetings are awesome. My only complaint is the $600.00 program fee that insurance does not cover. So be prepared to pay that before your surgery can be scheduled. Hope this helps!

youtube channel- silkiilocks

jpend
on 7/22/15 11:45 am

Thaks! This really does help. I am aware of the fee which I am not happy about but there is nothing I can do about it. From your first visit how long did it take to get your surgery ?  I have a six months eating plan requirement due to my insurance but I was wondering if once that requirement is met wil I be ready for surgery? Or is there a waiting list? Any help or information is greatly appreciated. 

Jules78
on 7/23/15 7:20 am, edited 7/23/15 7:21 am - GA
VSG on 05/01/14

First appointment was mid December and had the surgery May 1st. I had Aetna at the time and they only required a 3 month plan. No waiting list at all. 

jpend
on 7/29/15 6:54 pm

Sorry thought of another question. Did you have to pay the $600 at your first visit?? That would be $1200 for botof us...lot of money at one time. 

Jules78
on 7/29/15 7:48 pm - GA
VSG on 05/01/14

Nope, not until the end of my 3 month supervised diet. They will give you a booklet at your first group meeting with everything laid out. I think you will be very pleased with them. 

Pamela M.
on 7/31/15 1:34 pm - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

I had VSG at Emory Midtown by Dr. Lin on 8/25/2014.  I had a positive experience.  I think their support group meetings could be better and offered more frequently (only once per month).  Send me a friend request if you want more info regarding my experience.  I would recommend them - in fact one of my friends is having VSG by Dr. Lin next week.  My first appt. was in June and was sleeved 8/25 of same year.  My insurance did not require a pre-diet.  Good luck.

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1480 views