WLS Surgeon v/s OBGYN Doctor

huskergalWsD
on 7/30/15 8:06 am

Had a visit with my Obgyn Doctor the other day, it was a routine annual check up, while she was poking and doing the breast exam I mentioned I was diagnosed with a Hernia. I said no more about it and she pointed right away where the Hernia was located ( right side of my belly button) I had not shown her nor  told her which Hernia it was,and of course just a little touch to the area it hurt and I knew she knew what she was talking about and knew what she was doing all without doing an x ray ..I year ago I visited a WLS Surgeon, not the one that did my Wls .he did all the touching the area and told me to cough real hard , doing all that he still could not see a Hernia , had an x ray also still did not see the Hernia, Then I had a MRI which did show the Hernia. when I was hurting real bad when the Hernia popped out well I managed to pu**** back in place and move on and did the same thing every time it popped out.

Learn something new every day..And I actually use to say I did not like the Obgyn doctor years ago.I Love her now..

Just wanted to share what happened to me..

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

NYMom222
on 7/30/15 8:26 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I had a Doc that I loved for years, she left the office and I didn't follow her because her new office didn't take my insurance. The doc I ended up with was OK except she could never hear my Asthma when I was sick. Never. The Nurse practitioner could hear it... but not her. SO I did leave.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/30/15 10:30 am
RNY on 08/05/19

It's possible that the hernia has gotten worse over the past year, so it was easier for the OB to spot?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Hislady
on 7/30/15 7:38 pm - Vancouver, WA

I went to the ER one time with stomach pain really bad pain and while the ER doc was poking me he said oh you have a hernia, BAM and he slid it right into place Oh it felt so good and it has for the most part stayed right there! I still need to get it fixed but noone wants to operate on me just for a hernia with my bad lungs!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1389 views