Wednesday B*TCHFest: You're welcome

Bette B.
on 8/12/15 7:09 am

For you NEW KIDS, HERE ARE THE RULES: 

"B*TCHFest"  is provided as a public service to those of us who have gripes and grievances but who (whom?), for whatever reason, lack a regular forum in which to air them. You are welcome to voice any problems - large or small, important, mundane or ridiculous -  that currently have your panties wadded, your shorts frosted and your gears ground. Don't hold them in and risk future medical issues, wrinkles and/or those pesky gray hairs.

ANY and ALL issues that are plaguing you are open for you to voice; there are no "sacred cows." They say that "feelings aren't facts", so if you're feeling it, it's legit to you. NO ONE is allowed to flame a poster for something he or she writes, however commiseration is not only welcomed but encouraged. Please, no personal attacks against other OH members (at least, not by name).

I'll start you off with a few gripes of mine, and you all can join in at any time! No limits - come back as many times as you like!

WARNING! Posts may (and probably will) contain "adult" content and language. Rated TV-MA.

http://www.comicspodcasts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Parental-Advisory-Chronic.jpg

- Being unable, once again, to control my eating. Stress that I can't resolve is eating away at me, and I'm resorting to my "go-to guy" to deal with it. FUCK!

- The unrelenting horror that humans are doing to each other and other living beings. It's getting so I can't even read the news anymore.

- My cellphone. I can hear whoever I call, but they can't hear my talking. WTF is up with THAT? How the hell does the microphone on a cellphone quit?

That's it, although God knows I could go one forever. Gotta run.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/12/15 8:16 am
RNY on 08/05/19

- Politics! The fact that someone can get up on the national stage and be downright mean and not only get away with it, but have people LIKE that sort of thing, ****** me off.

- Arizona drivers who FLIP OUT when it rains. Seriously, in Oregon they go 80 in the rain, why the fck do Tucson drivers need to do 30 on the highway??

- Doggies who think they NEED to go outside RIGHT NOW 10 minutes before my morning alarm goes off

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/15 8:18 am

Waking up with a headache and upset stomach and a sore throat. I hoping this is just a one day thing. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/12/15 8:40 am

I normally don't ***** but I am in pain today, and on antibiotics (nausea, heartburn, gas)  and I am about to see a new doc ...ugh.. 

• - I hate other drivers. in front of me going 40 mph in 45 mile zone.. ; or behind me tailgating - even though the left line is open and they can pass if they want to... or the asshats that pass me, pull in front of me and ... press the brakes.. WTF??? 
  • People who ***** about money, how broke they are, yet they get their nails done once a week, manicure and pedicure... get the hair color every month... (hello - cut and color. over $100) and drink starbucks and go out to lunch at least 2-4 times a week. Yeeas..I get it.. just don't tell me how poor you are and you can't afford vitamins or proteins.. Stop spendingh Get another job.. I used to work and clean houses ... it is a very hard job - but I was able to make extra 100 every other weekend..  
  • coworkers... doing ****ty job.. and expect me to correct it... or do it for them
  • People who tell me I am very fortunate and have it made because I have edication.. yea last time i checked - it took me 4+5 years to get my degree. No one just handed that to me..
  •  
  • and last but not least- people who tell me that since I have food allergies and intolerances - it is easy for me to follow a very restrictive diet - news ******g flash - I still want that bread and cheese...and dessert.. and fruits... I chose not to eat that... so I don't have to take more allergy pills and painkillers... 

I am done

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/15 8:55 am

I hope your new doctor is a good one. I hate that you have so many food allergies. It has to suck. I always think it is funny when people think things are easy just because things can make us sick. I laugh and say remember when we were younger we would get drunk throw up and do it all over again. We still did it. So this isn't really that much different. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/12/15 9:06 am

The new doc is for my back..  I am considering surgery.. ugh...  

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/15 9:54 am

If it works I say go for it. You should not be in so much pain. 

Pokemom
on 8/12/15 5:38 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

So sorry to hear about your back.  I hate back problems.  I have not usually had them in my entire life, but something happened during my gastric bypass, and I awoke with horrible back pain.  It continues to be a problem for me.  I have started to do several back exercises that I did with a trainer/physical therapist a few years ago.  I hope they help.  I assume you have done all that.  I wish you luck.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/12/15 5:54 pm

12 -13 years ago I was diagnosed and treated for herniated disks.  I have been livening with that... pain on and off..  Until I had my  back problem and needed steroids - I was able to manage my weight..I was not skinny - but strict diet and exercise kept me fit and the most - overweight...

One of the main reason for RNY was to lose weigh to improve the back.. that worked for a while.. until it does not anymore.. 

Now, for over a year I have been dealing with pain - burning.. My nerves are pinched.. and no amount of exercise or physical therapy, acupuncture, etc etc,, is going to change that... 

I am tired of the pain... and since I am fixing - on a way to manage any of my other issues -  it is time for my back.. 

As for you -  as I was losing weight I needed chiro adjustments very often - our body center of gravity is shifting , fatis moving out and bones are realigning.  Spine moves around - no longer encased and protected by our fat. 

Gentle exercise - for me it was yoga,  walking, water, etc. helps to strengthen the core muscles... 

if your back is bothering you - do something about it... don't wait. 

Pokemom
on 8/12/15 7:27 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Thank you, Hala, for that insight and advice.  I hope the new doctor can help you.

Most Active