RNY on 08/29/04 with

People who lie about being sick or dying and scam others out of money

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 8/12/15 12:52 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

They ruin it for the next person who comes along whom really needs help. 

Kathy S.
on 8/12/15 1:00 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I remember years ago I was traveling with my husband in TX.  There was this family in a strip mall with 3 kids. They were in their station wagon with a sign for help, hungry.  We gave them $20.00's for food.  We decided a few mins later after going to a store to get something to drink at the mini mart and there was the parents and kids.  They were buying booze and cigarettes.  The kids were crying and asking for this and that to eat.  They screamed at the kids "NO".  My husband who was a big guy walked up to them and said, buy food now or I will shove that $20 down your throat.  They did buy the kids food, but sadly I will NEVER give again!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

hollykim
on 8/12/15 7:27 am, edited 8/12/15 7:28 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I used to worry about this happening too. I have come to the conclusion that God only asks me to GIVE. It is not up to me to know or judge what the person does with what I haven. That is between them and GOD. I did what I have been told to do.

Bette B.
on 8/12/15 6:19 pm

If people ask me for money for food, I offer to buy them food. If they say "no thanks", they get the rough side of my tongue.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 8/13/15 5:09 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Yes people are looking to scam. If I help it is to a legit charity. I work in the non profit world and have hear every sob story there is. I was in Alabama with my wife's family. I am putting gas in the car while her and her two younger siblings were in the car. This guy walks up to me and says he worked all day and his girlfriend is pregnant and he didn't get paid. I said sorry I don't carry cash. He then tells me well if you buy me some cigs then I can exchange them for food at the Mexican place down the road. I again said nope not going to happen. I had to laugh at his creativity but he picked the wrong person. I have heard way better sob stories in my career. 

Lolabug
on 8/12/15 9:15 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Men. WTF! Last time acted all interested. This time, almost avoiding me. I don't get them.

Plus, my ex called me out of the blue. No contact for over 5 glorious years. Now suddenly needs a face to face meeting to "clear the air" about something. Uh huh. guess who just found out I lost weight? Oh, and did he ask any questions about his daughter? Nope. Because he STILL is a self-centered jerk. It's always all about him.

SkinnyScientist
on 8/12/15 12:36 pm

Or he is about to get married and wants you to indirectly affirm that he is a "nice guy"

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Poodlemac
on 8/19/15 12:20 am
RNY on 09/26/14

What is it with mean wanting you to tell them they are a "good guy" after they've treated you and every other woman like ****

hollykim
on 8/12/15 2:35 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

or else he is having another child and is going to try to work out of some of his support to you and your child

Most Active