Anyone over the age of 60?

Hislady
on 8/17/15 3:52 pm - Vancouver, WA

I'm 64 and had a lap band that was a horrid miserable experience and I had it removed last year. I can no longer has any surgery so am doing good old fashioned dieting but still not gaining so all is good. You might want to check out the over 50 forum in the index on the blue bar up above, just click on forums, then more and thee is a list of every forum on OH.

gwenaj
on 8/17/15 9:23 pm

Thank you for your reply and advice on the over 50 Forum.  I'm feeling my way on this site and actually just finally figured out how to post in the right place to hear back from others...lol

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with the Lap Band.  That is what I originally thought I wanted, but my surgeon felt the Sleeve would be a better option for me.  He said the Bands are rarely done anymore...

Keep up the good work and take good care...

bibette1
on 8/17/15 10:27 pm
RNY on 09/08/14

Hi there,  I had RNY on Sept 8th 2014, then on the 29th of same month I turned 60.  My surgery went extremely successfully, absolutely no complications! I never had to take anything for pain other than Tylenol after I left the hospital.  I have lost approx 98 pounds since the day of my surgery.  I have kind of leveled out now, but everyday is a learning experience.  All I can say is do it now!  Don't wait any longer.  It took me a long time to make up my mind, and I had some other health problems that caused delays. I wish I had done this 10 years ago!

Good luck to you keep us posted!   

gwenaj
on 8/17/15 10:59 pm

That is awesome and congratulations on your success!!  Thank you for the encouragement :-)

Take care...

Debbie_04
on 8/18/15 4:40 pm
VSG on 12/29/14

I had my sleeve done last December right after my 66th birthday and I love it! I am so glad I did it.  I have lost 94 pounds, edging up on 100 pounds.  I still have lots to go but feel so much better already. I haven't had any problems at all so age is not a factor as long as you follow your plan.  I do not excerise like a 20 year old. I do an exercise class 2 times a week geared for our age group. There are no marathons in my future!

If you need a friend, I will be right here for you.

Debbie

Age 66... VSG 12/29/14... H.W. 360...  S.W. 323...  C.W. 253