Miserable

Jenn77p
on 8/31/15 8:11 am
RNY on 08/07/15

I am three weeks post op. Doing great physically. I am eating great, blood sugars are great, and I have lost 20 lbs. I'm not really missing to many foods now that I Advanced to the new phase.  My problem is that I am very cranky, irritable, depressed. I get annoyed by the kids very quickly. I cry. I just want to sleep the day away. I don't feel like doing anything. I don't want to clean, walk, nothing! I hate feeling this way. Is this normal?  Am I greaving?  I just can't get exited. What is wrong with me? 

Jenn 77 p

Valerie G.
on 8/31/15 8:15 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It could be a couple of things that are pretty common - and the good news is that each are treatable.  All you need to do is speak up to the doc about it.

Post-op depression - similar to post-partum depression.  Some get it, some don't

Hormone Dumping - as you lose fat, the hormones stored in that fat start to go a little haywire.  For some this is minimal, but others really suffer.  Some even get acne like they were a teenager again.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/15 6:23 am

Totally normal- you've lost your "best friend" and daily comforter excess food .  There are great 12 step overeating forums online .. meetings ... and when you feel better you can go to physical OA meetings too and talk or not about your barbaric surgery .  Many people in OA ave ad it ad many have regained too . 

You're going through withdrawal ... (((())) big hugs ...the other side is filled with rainbows .

ThinnerBetter
on 9/1/15 3:38 am

I have thought about going back to OA, I am a month post op and finding i am highly anxious and depressed.  But my memory of OA when I did it 5 or so years ago for 2-3 years was that they really frowned on WLS?  "No magic pills, diets, etc etc".  Has that changed?

Thanks!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1411 views