Sneezing

sherryatlarge
on 8/31/15 11:32 am - TX

Has anyone else noticed sneezing after eating certain foods?  Years ago I read on here that someone who was eating to the point of fullness had uncontrollable fits of sneezing.  I thought that was funny.  Until now.  I'm 3 years out (DS) and have noticed that after eating certain foods I will begin to sneeze.

Does anyone out there know what this means?  Suggestions?  (don't eat that! yeah I know)

Does this happen to any of you?

I feel like I'm in a dream.        
White Dove
on 8/31/15 12:10 pm - Warren, OH

I do if I eat one more bite than I need.  I was told it was because my vagus nerve was cut during surgery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

sherryatlarge
on 8/31/15 12:13 pm - TX

Thank you for the reply - i'm happy i'm not alone. 

yeah, it seems exactly 1 bite too much will set it off.

Nic M
on 8/31/15 4:31 pm

I have damage to my Vagus nerves from the lap band. After removal, I spent a year with violent bouts of sneezing. I'd get a twinge in my abdomen and then sneeze nonstop until I passed out (and chipped my tooth, and hit my head several times, etc.) It was agonizing.

So, yeah. Vagus nerve is usually the culprit. That thing can be a real sumnabitz when it gets angry!

I'm not sure there's any real way they can "check" to see if your nerves are working properly. I think they tend to rule everything else out and look at the symptoms you're having. Are you having any left shoulder pain or lightheadedness? Or excessive sweating?

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

sherryatlarge
on 9/1/15 4:40 pm - TX

Thank you for sharing your story with me. 

Bless your heart. My sneezing is not as sever. And I haven't had an issue until lately. I wonder if it will get worse as time goes by. 

LoverFlyWolfie
on 9/1/15 12:41 pm

For some foods, yea.