Giving away clothes?

Jenn77p
on 9/14/15 12:24 pm
RNY on 08/07/15

So, I am down probably two sizes. One for sure. I have thousands of dollars spent on clothing. Really nice clothing. My current fall wear is definitely too baggy to wear to work. I want so badly to bag them and just give them to a close friend. However, I'm scared. I'm scared this is a joke?  Am I really going to continue to loose this weight?  Am I going to continue to get smaller?  I feel that old self wondering " will I gain this weight back?"  I am bound and determined not to!  I love how I feel to turn back. I never want to feel the way i did. But I have failed so many times before. I feel like I need to keep these clothes in a bin, in a basement. On another note I really want to get rid of them and never see them again.  Well, not on me. Any suggestions?  Rid them or save them?   

Jenn 77 p

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 9/14/15 12:39 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I'd save whatever it is that are your favorites & give away the rest, as you move along you'll probably want to get rid of your favorites too, but keeping 1 or 2 items will serve as a reminder as to where you've been.

I've gotten rid of a lot of clothes but still like to look at this flowery shirt that was my favorite shirt to wear, its more of a nightgown now. LOL

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

boxtop2006
on 9/14/15 1:40 pm
RNY on 03/24/15

If you ever decide to do something else with your favorite old shirt you could always make it into a pillow! Then you would always have your "shirt" but you repurposed it as you don't really want to ever go back into that sz again. LOL  just a thought. :)

Melissa

Consult: 235 Surgery: 209 Current: 158.5 Goal: 140     

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/14/15 2:14 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

If you're nervous, keep one outfit. After all, it's good to have something to look back at to remind you of how big you were!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

White Dove
on 9/14/15 2:17 pm - Warren, OH

If you keep them you are leaving yourself the option to gain the weight back.  I got rid of everything and kept getting smaller and smaller. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Alison B.
on 9/14/15 3:24 pm - ROSEVILLE, MN
VSG on 05/28/15

I think your feelings are perfectly understandable. Many of us have done the yo-yo dieting/weight loss thing multiple times and have clothing in our closets waiting for "someday." I like the suggestions to keep one or two things to wear for your progress photos. I was in a hurry to donate the clothing that no longer fit me (still am) and forgot to keep an item or two for comparison. Congratulations on your progress!

Height: 5'10" HW: 264.4 Bariatric information session 1/21/15. Insurance approves VSG 4/30/15. Surgery date 5/28/15.

peachpie
on 9/14/15 5:57 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I had this same exact struggle and I went through my closet Just a few weeks post op. I was bringing out my summer clothes, realizing that I'd never need the winter clothes again. I saved one outfit, the one I felt that I liked the best/ most together in. Not in case I gained weight, to compare what I thought was my best 'then' compared to my 'new best'.

You can't move forward with one foot stuck in the mud.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

bruindiva92
on 9/14/15 6:19 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

I gave a large group of clothes to Salvation Army.  I am now selling my more expensive clothes on ebay.  I don't plan to wear size 20 again.  

Ethel S.
on 9/14/15 6:56 pm

I understand.  I have expensive size 16 St John that i.willl sell on ebay if I cant alter them.   

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/15 7:42 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I sell mine on eBay, Facebook garage sale groups, and to ThredUp.

Most Active