Need to know what to ask for on upcoming Labs

texastreat
on 11/14/15 4:38 pm - Austin, TX

I'm post-op 5 years and due to insurance I have not been able to see my gastric by pass doctor in those 5 years. Just been on my own. Now I think I need to have my general family doc run labs on me to make sure things are ok.  Anyone have a good list of labs that I can request?  My doctor is open to requesting anything that I ask for as he wants to help me but he knows nothing about RYN patients. I'm probably the first one he has ever had as a patient.  Help?  Ideas?   Thanks!

If something makes you laugh and giggle, buy it or marry it !

NYMom222
on 11/14/15 6:29 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

A lot of people use the Vitalady list. I brought it to my GP and she was very appreciative. She didn't do all of them, but expanded her normal list...The diagnosis codes changed as of October 1st, she was able to convert it but still found it helpful.

Vitalady List

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

White Dove
on 11/14/15 7:51 pm - Warren, OH

VITAMIN D 25 HYDROX, D2 & D3
VITAMIN B1
VITAMIN B12 & FOLATE
ZINC
CHOLESTEROL TOTAL
TRIGLYCERIDE
FERRITIN
MAGNESIUM
PHOSPHORUS
COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL
CBC
PREALBUMIN

These are what my surgeon orders yearly. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Laura in Texas
on 11/14/15 8:04 pm

Pam has a good list on her blog as well as the codes doctors can use for insurance. HERE is the link.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

texastreat
on 11/15/15 3:08 am - Austin, TX

Wow, Thank you so much for all of the fabulous information! I'm so appreciative of each of you that responded!!!  I will be back on this site more often now as my weight has been creeping up on me and I'm miserable at the moment. I need to lose 45 lbs to be back to goal!  So I figured that a good baseline of labs is a good starting place.  Thank you all so much.  Cheers, Tee in Texas

If something makes you laugh and giggle, buy it or marry it !

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1401 views