Heart flutters

Poodlemac
on 11/15/15 10:39 am
RNY on 09/26/14

I'm 13 mos out and very healthy. Several times recently, I've had heart flutters. This morning it's making me a little short of breath (feeling). I'm certain it's probably some vitamin deficiency, but which one might it be? I AM due labs, but we changed insurance at work and the day of my appt, the new company had my birthday wrong so I couldn't see the doc. (Blah, blah, blah!) Blood pressure is excellent, 121/56, HR 78, which is a little higher than it has been. Any ideas??

Racewalker48
on 11/15/15 11:31 am
RNY on 02/17/14

Heart flutters as you describe them can be caused by a number of conditions, including vitamin deficiencies, so only a physician can determine the cause. 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 11/15/15 12:54 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

This definitely warrants a call to your PCP.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Oxford Comma Hag
on 11/15/15 1:25 pm

I sure as blazes would make an appointment with a physician ASAP. We have a wide-ranging body of knowledge here, but nary a one of us can accurately or safely diagnose you. Better to get an expert opinion.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Poodlemac
on 11/15/15 1:32 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

Thanks all. I will call in the morning. 

Hislady
on 11/27/15 2:48 pm - Vancouver, WA

Yeah that is what Kate our dear friend said the night she died!!! Her husband found her the next day. Maybe ask them when you should contact the doc!!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/15/15 2:22 pm

BP 121/58 is low... 58 is low.. So dehydration perhaps? You may need more salt.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MAchick
on 11/15/15 4:43 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

What do you mean by heart flutters? Palpitations? Anxiety? Chest discomfort?

I am a nurse, and I would never assume this is just from a vitamin deficiency. Many important electrolytes affect your heart, such as calcium and potassium, and may even cause arrythmias. Do you have a cardiac history, such as afib? 

Your vitals alone don't say much, but it would have to be compared to other vitals .

If you are having shortness of breath, don't dick around. Call your doctor and see what he/she says. 

Poodlemac
on 11/15/15 6:14 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

No heart issues. I elected to have a full cardiac exam before surgery. I had fluttering a bit years ago and my doc at the time said "normal. Perfectly normal". But I realize I'm older now and my body is much different than before. 

I now have an AWESOME Primary Care doc. She'll love this and get to the bottom of it. Plus, it helps she's married to my cardiologist! 

Thank you so much! 

MAchick
on 11/15/15 6:20 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

Excellent! Sometimes people can have cardia****urrences such as PVC's, couplets, etc. Normal people can have these small irregularities and a doctor doesn't blink an eye. It's when a patient presents as symptomatic, such as palpitations, fluttering, SOB when further testing is sometimes needed.

Hope it's just nothing, but I just get nervous when I hear those things because they are terms we zone in on while working. Glad you're giving them a call to be on the safe side! Good luck  :-)

Most Active