Article: The Emotional Side of Losing a Lot of Weight

Donna L.
on 12/6/15 10:31 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Thank you for posting this :)

I am not remotely thin yet.  I've lost 111.5 lbs since June 1st of this year with about 150 to go.  I still have issues with it.  I can't bring myself to get smaller clothes even though my shirts are laughably huge, and my pants are two sizes too big.  A part of me is terrified I won't make it to 165 pounds.  Part of me also was hoping that everything is fixed by being thin... which of course, it's not!

This article helped me realize I can start seeing the patterns now.  Thinking that way will also help me continue to not over eat, I think.  I'm healed enough now that it could be a problem.

Thank you again, Shelly.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

AnneGG
on 12/10/15 6:40 am

Ah, the blessed daily grunt work!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active