Hi! 5 1/2 years so far & the good lord willing continuing successful!

AnneGG
on 12/9/15 6:19 pm

Weighing in (pun intended) at 5 1/2 years post-op RNY- surprisingly to my pre-op self doing well- 130lbs lost (a few pounds under goal), and keeping it off! Damned, I never ever ever thought I could do it! Scared silly before surgery, severe buyer's remorse after surgery, scared silly again when I hit maintenance. But from my present perspective I would do surgery again in a heartbeat in spite of the daily grinding painful persistent work it takes to honor it. It was magic for the first 15 months then a major bummer but rewarding since. I'm disgustingly well behaved (only with regard to health and weight maintenance). I speed walk daily 2 1/2+ miles 7 days a week, no break (dreadmill only if blizzard or pouring rain), and for the most part behave myself with diet. I'm religious with vitamins and getting my blood work done every 6 months. The main reason I did surgery was my health- it was tanking before surgery. Now I have never been in better health at age 64. I have learned I get what I put into it and I have learned the benefits of self discipline and in addition I have gained immeasurable self confidence. Who woulda thunk!?! My pre-op self would never ever in a million (or at least 5 1/2 years) would have.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Oxford Comma Hag
on 12/9/15 7:32 pm

I certainly agree that we get back what we put in. I also think regular participation with fellow wls'ers is important, don't you?

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

The Salty Hag
on 12/9/15 7:37 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

But only if it's the right kind of support...of course. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

AnneGG
on 12/9/15 7:40 pm

Yes, ma'am. The encouraging positive track record kind of support. A beer, in spite of the calories, sometimes, very rarely, helps.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Pokemom
on 12/9/15 9:35 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Thank you for this update.

AnneGG
on 12/11/15 9:18 pm

Pokemon, this means a lot coming from you. Your opinion has always mattered a lot to me.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 12/10/15 4:03 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Smiles and rainbows to you!!!  Appreciate your honesty. 

Sharon

AnneGG
on 12/11/15 9:13 pm

Thanks for your acknowledgement, Sharon! It's a damn hard battle, isn't it?

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 12/12/15 3:21 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I am shifting my mindset from looking at it as a "constant battle" to a "delicate balance."  This honors the reality without giving additional emotion to the difficulty.

Sharon

Spencerella
on 12/10/15 8:07 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Congrats to you on 5 1/2 successful years :-)

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1400 views