10.5 M O N T H S O U T... Here's where I'm at. Pics included

luxurycouture
on 1/2/16 6:16 pm

Well, time sure does fly by. I can't believe my 1 year surgiversary will be February 17th of this year.

In the recent weeks, I have felt a little frustration, as well as some struggles with food. My highest weight was 294 and I was about 285 on my day of surgery. 

In the last 10 months, I have gotten down to my lowest of 199.7. Onederland. However, for the last month, I have hovered around between 199.7 and 201.5. 

My tolerance for food has increased quite a bit and I find myself hungry with far less restriction than earlier months. I am mindful of my food choices, but I'd be a liar if I said the holidays didn't detour me a little. Cheesecake, pies, mashed potatoes and stuffing found their ways to my mouth and while they were unwelcome, I caved.

I feel that this is rather soon to already be having these occurrences. Man, old habits die hard. Can I have some insight from others? Where were you at 10.5 months? Had you "cheated" at all? 

I have been looking at other users' posts and, while I know it's not good to always compare, I do it anyway. I feel like I am behind and have achieved less. I tend to be hard on myself in other aspects of my life, so I wonder if I am being unreasonable. 

I have to say, I do feel great! This stall is just beginning to feel like a set back and my hunger is scaring me a little. What do you think?

Also, I am having difficulty uploading photos. The ones I uploaded a couple of months ago are all sideways and I can't figure out how to edit them and I am trying to upload new ones from a MacBook, but I am having a hard time. Anyone have the same issue? Any help is appreciated! 

xo

Life is what happens to you while you?re busy making other plans. ?John Lennon

supershopper
on 1/2/16 6:32 pm, edited 1/2/16 6:53 pm

Well, time sure does fly by. I can't believe my 1 year surgiversary will be February 17th of this year.

In the recent weeks, I have felt a little frustration, as well as some struggles with food. My starting weight was 294 before surgery. The day of my surgery I was 282. Now I am 199.7 to 201.5. I keep teeter-tottering. So basically, I have lost about 82 lbs since surgery. I feel like this is much less than everyone else. My doctor never set a goal for me, but I thought 150 seemed like a good number. When I read other people's posts, it seems like they are at goal within a year, which makes me feel like I am failing. 

My tolerance for food has increased quite a bit and I find myself hungry with far less restriction than earlier months. I am mindful of my food choices, but I'd be a liar if I said the holidays didn't detour me a little. Cheesecake, pies, mashed potatoes and stuffing found their ways to my mouth and while they were unwelcome, I caved.

I feel that this is rather soon to already be having these occurrences. Man, old habits die hard. Can I have some insight from others? Where were you at 10.5 months? Had you "cheated" at all? 

I have been looking at other users' posts and, while I know it's not good to always compare, I do it anyway. I feel like I am behind and have achieved less. I tend to be hard on myself in other aspects of my life, so I wonder if I am being unreasonable. 

I have to say, I do feel great! This stall is just beginning to feel like a set back and my hunger is scaring me a little. What do you think?

Also, I am having difficulty uploading photos. The ones I uploaded a couple of months ago are all sideways and I can't figure out how to edit them and I am trying to upload new ones from a MacBook, but I am having a hard time. Anyone have the same issue? Any help is appreciated! 

xo

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Weightoffmyfeet
on 1/2/16 6:34 pm - Canada

I had the same picture issue with my iPad. 

You look great and feeling great is even better.

Sue

"I'm not there yet but I'm closer than I used to be"

Height 5'3, HW:315 (10/12/15), BMI 55.7

Orientation (12/04/15), W:312, BMI 55.2

KeishaLeigh
on 1/2/16 10:25 pm - NC
VSG on 02/24/15 with

I know exactly what you mean. I am a little over 10 months out myself. I said just today that I miss the extreme restriction that I had in the first 6 months. If I eat dense protein all the time I can still only eat about 4 ounces,  but it feels like SO much more than the ounce that I started with. Plus it is way too easy now to allow those items to slide in that I know to stay away from. I have been thrilled with my loss until the last month. It has slowed down dramatically but I know it's all my fault for allowing in "bites" that I shouldnt. I rededicated myself to jumping back on the no carbs wagon. That fruit (and occasional bite of cake) I allowed in this month has got to go away until I get to goal. Good luck! I know we both can do this!

38 y.o. 5'7" HW 347 SW 332 M1 -22 M2 -18 M3 -19 M4 -9 M5 -18 M6 -11 M7 -13 M8-9 M9 -7 M10 -8 M11 -5 M12 -1 M13 -9 M14 -0 

White Dove
on 1/3/16 4:29 am - Warren, OH

There is a honeymoon period after surgery.  There is the first six months when weight just falls off.  That is followed by about a year when there is little loss but also little or no regain.

To continue to lose weight during the second phase and beyond, you need to start tracking food and counting calories.  As your pouch or sleeve becomes mature, your restriction will no longer control the calories for you. 

The things that work for me with a mature pouch are:

A digital food scale and weighing all of my potions

A smart scale that weighs me and gives me information about fat percentage, BMI, muscle weight, bone weight and fat percentage

My Fitness Pal on my phone and PC to track each bite and let me analyze fat, fiber, carbs, protein and calories

A fitness tracker that logs distance, calories, heartrate and sleep time and syncs to the scale and MFP

Taking care of my health and weight takes very little time and effort with the right tools.  If you want to continue to lose weight and to continue to keep weight off then you need to become aware of your food and accountable for it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

cheapskate
on 1/4/16 9:59 am
RNY on 03/30/15

whitedove...can you suggest a food scale? I bought one that basically blew up on me within a month. Now I look but there are so many choices i dont know where to go. 

White Dove
on 1/4/16 1:19 pm - Warren, OH

I am very happy with this Tevelo scale.  I have had some that did not work well or broke quickly.  This one has worked well for years for me.

Tracy D.
on 1/7/16 11:43 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Which smart scale do you use? And have you compared the numbers to body composition analysis done by underwater weighing or BodPod? Interested to see how close it comes. 

Thanks! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

White Dove
on 1/7/16 11:58 am - Warren, OH

I am using Garmin Index scale and just purchased it last month.  I have not had Bodypod testing, but planning to do that soon and then compare results to the scale.  My research suggests a 5% difference in results.

Tracy D.
on 1/7/16 12:04 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Thanks! Let me know what you find out after you've had a chance to do the BodPod testing. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15