Scar tissue

coreysmom
on 1/8/16 10:26 am - Indianapolis, IN

hello all. I am 7 yrs Rny Post op.

I have had only  Rny and a hysterectomy both done laparoscopically. My question is, is much scar tissue created when performing abdominal surgeries laparoscopically? 

I may need an additional Rny related surgery soon and I am concerned  about scar tissue developing.

thanks!

Ladytazz
on 1/8/16 11:24 am

No one could answer that without seeing.  Some people scar pretty easily and others don't scar as much.  I've had close to a dozen abdominal surgeries and I'm prone to bowel obstructions so I understand your concern.  That is something I would talk to your surgeon about.  At least 3 of my surgeries were laprascopic and I am sure they are less likely to cause scar tissue.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Donna L.
on 1/8/16 4:58 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

My VSG was my fourth abdominal surgery, and the surgeon said he was surprised because there were practically no adhesions.  I had a bad MRSA infection in a surgical wound so I was surprised by that, myself.  All of my surgeries were open except for the VSG, so you'd think there would be loads.  It really is individual dependent.  Some people get a ton of adhesions from one go, and some of us have barely any after several huge operations.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1349 views