High Protein Shakes & Bar Reviews

kdalpha
on 1/25/16 9:26 am - Wrightsville Beach, NC

I have bought over 20 different kinds of bars and shakes to experiment with over the next few weeks. I will be sharing them every day on my blog. So far I am in LOVE with the Quest Bar Smores, melted in the microwave & like the Salted Caramel Shakes.

http://thegastricbypassvegetarian.blogspot.com/2016/01/prote in-bars-and-shakes-reviews.html

What protein replacements do you LOVE?! Please share~

Nicole

SkinnyScientist
on 1/25/16 9:37 am

The one that is vanilla flavored, added to oatmeal, and made to taste good with a TABLESPOON of cookie butter.

YEp..this is Skinny's GUILTY breakfast...

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

kdalpha
on 1/25/16 11:43 am - Wrightsville Beach, NC

Is it REAL cookie dough ?????ð?'

SkinnyScientist
on 1/27/16 10:43 am

cookie BUTTER. 

It is made from ground up biscoff cookies.

It is addictive.

Dont do it.

I know a girl at teh gym that is so addicted she bought the last one at Trader Joes and ATE it all in one sitting although THE SAFETY SEAL WAS BROKEN and the food was CONTAMINATED!!!

That is what cookie butter will do to you...sort of like the food version of heroine.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

kdalpha
on 1/27/16 11:23 am - Wrightsville Beach, NC

OMG! Thanks for the advice! I def WONT try it!

White Dove
on 1/25/16 10:23 am - Warren, OH

It should be a fun experiment.  Please be careful with calorie tracking when adding protein shakes and bars to your food plan.   They can pack a lot of calories and contribute to a lot of weight gain. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kathy S.
on 1/25/16 11:52 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Sounds interesting and great information!  Why don't you leave your results in your OH blog as well.   While you are their click the review link and do product reviews.  I am sure the OH members would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Luvmygs
on 1/25/16 1:23 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

I have tried about 10 different protein shakes and I finally found my favorite. Magnum Nutrition Quattro Vanilla Icecream. I LOVE IT! I get it on amazon.com. I also enjoyed Quest bars, but since they changed their formula, I've switched over to "Oh Yeah" One bars. I LOVE the Peanut butter and the brownie, but my favorite is Almond Bliss. Tastes like an Almond Joy! They are so much softer and chewier than the Quest bars. Of course, you'll find that we all have our favorites. But if you get a chance, try a One bar. They also have a Lemon cake and Birthday cake that taste wonderful!

kdalpha
on 1/26/16 6:47 am - Wrightsville Beach, NC

Birthday cake? I'm on it! Thanks for the tip!!

NYMom222
on 1/25/16 8:21 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am a fan of Power Crunch Bars and Kind bars (I try and get the ones with the most protein) When I have them they are truly a snack and I am not relying on them for a big dose of my daily protein. Usually when I am out running errands.

I really dislike quest bars, but I did read about baking them on I believe the Bariatric Foodie blog and that was pretty awesome. Quest cookies.

I do like the Inspire protein powders from Bariatric eating.com delicious flavors

Fit Frappe Mocha, and Chai...

For my vanilla and Chocolate I have settled on Bodylogix natural Whey - grass-fed, stevia sweetened... and I can find it on sale at Walgreens..

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save