Small bowel loop diagnosis..

coreysmom
on 1/25/16 2:36 pm - Indianapolis, IN

hello.. I am cross posting this.

Results from my oral contrast CT showed a "distended small bowel loop in the left upper quadrant below the diaphragm which is chronic". It also says it was there in a 2014 CT but appears slightly larger now. I had eaten and drank a small amount prior to this CT. I  have had only residual  pain in the left quadrant nothing alarming, I am able to eat and drink, but upper abdomen is distended after. The CT was to check for upper right quadrant and lower pelvic pain. Lower right pelvic finding was "chronic focal hyperdensity in the perineal region, unchanged and may be calcification".

My question is, has anyone had either of these diagnosis and either had it treated or left it untreated? 

My bypass dr is wanting to do a DIAGNOSTIC laparoscopy but my thought is to find out exactly what we are dealing with first of possible.

next test is drink something and be X-rayed in the process to see how things are flowing through the pouch area.....

please please share your thoughts..thank you!

zann50
on 1/25/16 3:20 pm

Absolutely follow your physician's advice....do not play around with such findings!

Good luck and health!

Smile_and_nod
on 1/25/16 4:35 pm
VSG on 01/18/16

Hey there, not sure I have much to offer here. I have not had any problems myself.... I do have a couple of questions though for you. Does your DR think its more of a chronic small bowel obstruction type of thing or just abnormal arrangements of the bowel? Also, depending on how eager your are to jump back into surgery it seems like your symptoms are stable giving you time to allow for more diagnostic test and maybe get a better picture of whats going on. Of course if you started having fevers, severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or completely unable to pass gas your would want to get seen a lot quicker. 

As for the diagnostic procedure maybe ask what he/she would plan to do with any of the findings or if it is purely diagnostic for the purpose of knowing. 

Most Active