Question for the ladies!

cnanny
on 1/29/16 9:25 am

Hello ladies!

I am in the process of picking a surgeon and preparing for the sleeve procedure.  I am just curious as to what each of you feel is/are the biggest changes that happened to you physically, emotionally, etc. after having WLS?  I am so excited to begin this journey and take control of my life but I want to be as prepared as possible for what comes both pre and post op.  Any input is very much appreciated. 

Thanks!

Chelsy

peachpie
on 1/29/16 10:26 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Biggest change physically-- other than weight loss-- exercise, the fact that I run now. NEVER in a billion years would I have thought I would enjoy it so much and even envy people I see jogging while I'm driving somewhere.

Emotionally-- hmmm- I'm not sure-- I think that is evolving. I was at a very good place emotionally pre-op, so I can't say much has changed. What had been unexpected, is often waiting for some 'shoe to drop'... either weight loss to stop, or some complication to arise. But I'm just taking it day by day 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

cnanny
on 1/29/16 11:25 am

Thank you so much!  I hope to begin running as well once I lose some weight. I walk now but running is just to hard on my knees.  Hearing that you actually enjoy it gives me hope that I will too!!

Most Active