Why is Exercising is making it worst?

Lady2This
on 1/30/16 5:10 am - NC

After many years of no Exercising and not eating correctly I have been worried about being protein deficient among all other things. After I full physical all labs and my health is is good condition at 41. I have actually still been loosing and maintaining my weight at 5 years out. I was determined once I got a full physical I would not let my anxieties stop me. I started burn boot camp on Monday at 5 am faithfully. I been feeling fantastic doing things I had no I idea I could do. My muscles are toning I can feel it. But now my skin is hanging more and looking wrinkle and more cellulite but the muscle tone under are tight. It seems like my muscles are toning but skin is dropping and looking worst than before. I'm not sure could it be from not enough calories or not enough water? It's like my muscles toning but skin wrinkle and droopy. I been feeling great because when I touch my thighs I can feel the muscle I can see the muscles in my arms. But when I looked at my body of look different then it feels and I don't know why. Please help

Eggface
on 1/30/16 6:55 am - Sunny Southern, CA

That's awesome you have started an exercise program... I'm sure you will get more knowledgeable answers... but anytime you lose large amounts of weight (w/ or w/out surgical assistance) you will be left with excess skin... sometimes if it isn't too damaged (age, elasticity, ethnicity, length of time affected by obesity, your personal health, etc. all factor in.) it will tighten... a bit. The way I understand it exercise (esp. strength training) will increase the size of your muscles and may minimize the look of the loose skin but.. if your skin is damaged, stretch marked, etc. it's really not going to go anywhere but down/sag. Plastic surgery/body contouring is your answer.

But exercising is super important... so many benefits to it... cardiovascular health being the most important IMHO and requires more water and nutrition so be sure you are on that.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Lady2This
on 1/30/16 7:16 am - NC

Thank you. That's exactly what's happening. I already had saggy skin but I look like I have a perfect toned hour glass shaoe in clothes. The was thinking I could prevent further sagging by weight training but my inner thighs, buttock, and stomach skin is sagging more. Under my stomach I can feel my stomach muscles. If I flec my muscles you see a perfect muscle but wrinkles hanging bat wings. When I'm sitting my thighs muscles look great. The tricky part is when I stand unclothed that's when you see all the new sag.  When I'm seen in clothes people think I have the perfect shape. I went from initially 321 to 171 keeping a steady weight between 168-175 now weighing 155.

White Dove
on 1/30/16 8:00 am - Warren, OH

I get saggy arms when I drop just 10 pounds.  I think it has something to do with water, but that is just my guess.  Look into plastic surgery.  Also drink lots of water.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lady2This
on 1/30/16 8:47 pm - NC

I had the same problem with my arms. They fluctuate with my weight

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/30/16 9:48 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Exercising might be making you feel that the sagging skin is worse but its really good for you & chances are you'd have excess skin whether you worked out or not. You probably notice it more now but I'm guessing that after you have plastic surgery all your hard work will show through more after the excess skin is removed. 

I also like to exercise, mostly bike riding, but I do have excess skin. Whenever I wear tights my legs look pretty ok, but without them, I notice the excess skin at my inner thighs & hips. That's not including my belly & arms. lol

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Lady2This
on 1/30/16 8:45 pm - NC

I'm quite certain plastics will be a must for me. I been thinking of ways I can work towards saving for it. I need LBL.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/30/16 11:21 am

Underskin fat helps with wrinkles and sagging. As you exercise and gain muscles and lose fat - you see more wrinkles. Skin with fat - like a nice comforter - skin with less fat - gets paper thin like a sheet.. Will show any wrinkles. 

At my age - little bit fat under my skin is better for me than low body fat.. At least visually.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lady2This
on 1/30/16 8:53 pm - NC

I really didn't want to lose any weight but I am. I think I may be burning more calories and less eating. I need a high power protein shake

Tracy D.
on 2/4/16 10:39 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It's probably because you're losing excess fat that was plumping out the skin.  Muscle is much, much more dense than fat and doesn't take up as much room.  So you can build muscle, lose fat, not lose a pound on the scale but still experience drooping skin as your body shape changes. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active