Happy At The Emissions Testing Site

akanikkie
on 2/19/16 6:23 pm
VSG on 04/27/15

Every year, when I have gone to get my car tested for my license tags, I have had to ask the attendant if I could sit in the car while they test.  I have always been too out-of-shape to stand there and wait AND too afraid to sit on their tiny little plastic chair! This year, I am so happy because I was able to get out of the car, stand there like a champ and get back into my car with no worries!!   Am so grateful for a place like forum to share the accomplishment with people who understand :)  On a bad note, my car didn't pass so I'll have another chance to return for a repeat "performance" ha!

HW: 448; SW: 376; CW: 321

mschwab
on 2/19/16 8:02 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Congratulation. You are doing great!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 2/20/16 4:31 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I am touched by your story - it brought tears - a combination of joy and indignity of the subtle daily insults of living large. This reminds me that I'm going to write a letter - last week I went to get blood drawn and there was no place for a large person to sit - no couch or chair without arms.  Just rather small, but sturdy, chairs with tight arms.  This was a stand alone LabCore office, so there were no other options.  If I was at my highest, I am not sure I could have sat down.

Good luck on your auto retest.

Sharon

MassHockey
on 2/20/16 9:38 am

Worst I've ever felt:  at a good friends wedding, they had these tiny fancy chairs at the ceremony.  I was scared that I'd break mine.....excused myself to use the bathroom and stood in the back for the remainder of the ceremony....told people that I didnt want to interrupt the ceremony....I'm certain that I fooled nobody.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 2/20/16 4:06 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I regret that you had that experience.  At least you had the courage to come out of the bathroom and you saw the ceremony - some people might have hid in the bathroom, or never went in the first place.  That courage will help you with these issues.

PS   I wrote my letter and mailed it today.

Sharon

akanikkie
on 2/22/16 7:44 am
VSG on 04/27/15

You did GREAT!  I probably would not have gone.  I have missed on many opportunities over worrying about "fitting" or ability.  Wishing you the very best!!

HW: 448; SW: 376; CW: 321

Bob H.
on 2/22/16 9:24 am - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

I just read your post and I am so happy for you (not about the car). Doesn't it feel great? When my kids were little, I kept fooling myself that after this diet completes i will be able to play soccer with them or go skating, play baseball - do anything but it never seemed to end....

I wish I had had y surgery 10 years ago when i would have been able to do all of those things with them.. I guess there is light at the end of the tunnel - one day grandkids ;)

Congratulations on your success! you have done fabulous, keep us posted as you continue to progress!!

Bob

Visualize the person you want to be every chance you get - and you can become it!

------------

Century Club Member at 6 months, working on my next 50 years!

Heather P.
on 2/22/16 11:53 am

That is awesome!  I can't wait to have some stories like this!  :)

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

Most Active