Protein Powder Recipes?

Talkingmountain
on 3/25/16 10:10 am
RNY on 12/28/15

Hi there!  Today I saw a post for "home made Quest bars" and that got me thinking that maybe I can find  a good source for making appetizing foods using protein powder.  Not complicated stuff like waffles, just easy-to-make snack, protein bars, or even a few desserts (if I can ever find a sweetener that tastes good and doesn't upset my pouch, lol!).

Anybody know of a good place to find such recipes?

Thanks!

Ht 5'6" | HW 278 | SW 264, Size 28+/4-5X | GW 135ish, Size 10-12 | CW 132, Size 8-10
Surg Date 12/28/15 | NSV Goal: Go down slide w/kid! 

Kathy S.
on 3/25/16 12:17 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Talkingmountain  

Check out our Recipes Forum, post on your surgery type forum, Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY) and check out one of our member's EggFace recipes.  Here is the link to her profile.

If you need anything else, let me know at [email protected]

Regards,

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/25/16 12:52 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Make sure that you're not adding protein powder into unhealthy things and fooling yourself that they're suddenly OK. Dense, lean protein is still the name of the game, and you need to be looking for foods with 10g protein per 100 calories.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/25/16 6:35 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I was just going to say the same thing -- even the Quest bar recipe is really more for maintenance than weight loss mode.  Simply adding protein powder to something, doesn't make it a good WLS food.  In fact, it's actually rather calorie dense.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Eggface
on 3/25/16 7:08 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

I use it in some of my baked goods as a partial flour replacement... so ultimately it's less carbs/higher protein. Echo the above posters... you can add it to pretty much anything but that doesn't make it the best choice especially if the other ingredients are white flour/sugar/high in fat. You are welcome to check out my blog (link in signature line) or I have a pinterest page https://www.pinterest.com/eggface/ too... some of the things I eat for breakfast (mini muffins, mini apple loaf, etc.) and some desserts when I'm wanting a little something sweet. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1145 views