Dern Plateau

Catek2652
on 3/30/16 4:28 am
RNY on 10/26/15

I've been on a plateau for two weeks now. Just hanging at 179 and BMI just over the obese line. I know things are happening because my clothing is fitting differently and my skin is loose in different places... just venting I guess. I know I'll start dropping again soon.

On the positive side, I'm into my first official week of retirement and already busy with gardening, painting, cleaning and running around doing errands during the week during the day (what a concept!). It is so nice to be able to go out and pull weeds, paint trim in my rental unit in preparation for new tenants, do some deep cleaning in my house, etc. without being in pain and completely out of breath in a few minutes. I need to build up my stamina, however, I can really only physically work hard for about 45 minutes before I'm feeling fatigue and have to sit down and rest. But my walking distance has improved and I can now walk 2/3rds of a mile (which is the distance to my mailbox and back).

So, more good than bad. Knees are much less annoyed with me these days.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 3/30/16 10:20 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

This may or may not be good news - but a stall is 4 WEEKS with no loss.  Most of us who have had some time with no loss get a pleasant surprise when the scale just drops.  Until you get through this phase, you may want to weight less frequently. 

You have many great advances to celebrate!!!  Keep up the good work. 

I just had rot cuff surgery, so I am starting over with the stamina and strenght, also.

Sharon

Catek2652
on 3/30/16 1:07 pm
RNY on 10/26/15

I hope you heal up quickly Sharon0055. I've had friends who have undergone rotorcuff surgery. Be sure you do your physical therapy. Makes all the difference in the world.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1277 views