Need help. Drs not calling back

Ncmamamia
on 6/16/16 2:24 pm
VSG on 06/14/16

Help! I had my Vsg on Tuesday so I'm 2 days out. I think I'm doing  ok with liquids but have a horrible headache since Tuesday post op. 

Dr said keep taking pain med. I'm also diabetic. The meds are extended release which means no crushing. My ompreazole is a capsule and it was prescribed for post op . Do I swallow or sprinkle? 

I don't know what medicines I can take.  

Thanks

emelar
on 6/16/16 2:30 pm - TX

If you can swallow, take them.  I didn't have any restrictions on pills after surgery.  And your extended release meds should work the same - you still have a regular digestive tract, just a smaller stomach.  Keep in mind, I'm not an MD, and you should continue trying to reach your surgeon.

Boxerlover3452
on 6/17/16 7:40 am
RNY on 06/06/16

Your headache could be from the anesthetic.  If you already talked to the Dr. once and he told you to keep taking the pain meds, what else do you want him to tell you.  Doctors cannot diagnose over the phone.  If you are having problems, call the office and schedule an appointment.  Don't be afraid to take the pain meds you were prescribed.  You WON"t get addicted if you take them correctly and for the right reasons.  You don't want to NOT take them then have the pain so bad that the meds won't catch up.

Ncmamamia
on 6/19/16 3:01 pm
VSG on 06/14/16
zann50
on 6/19/16 4:25 pm

so, get on the phone and ask the answering service to have the on-call staff, may be a NP, PA another physician....to call you back.  This is for after hours...if it is regular times the office is open...either make an appt or ask to speak with someone/or to call you.  These folks are used to all types of questions from fresh post-op pts. Besides, this is what they get paid to do

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1380 views