Broke the Stall!

handtlkr
on 6/18/16 6:55 am - Gulfport, MS
VSG on 12/17/15

I had my 6 month surgiversary yesterday.  I was stalled for 3 months and could not break the stall for that time.  Finally, I kept trudging along and it broke. Now the weight is on a down-ward slide. Hopefully, it will keep going that direction. This is why I had the surgery in the first place.  I could eat very little calories and not lose weight.  I went back to a liquid diet for a few days and finally broke the stall with that. I hope to be to my goal weight by my one-year surgiversary, but if I stall like that again, it would make my goal very difficult to get to. 

I've been robbed! My grandbaby stole my heart!  She just raised her hands and I surrendered.

seguine13
on 6/18/16 7:26 am
RNY on 02/17/16

I recently stalled as well. From what I've read, we are in for quite a few plateaus. I was told by my Dr that the weight loss chart can be more like stairs then a downward curve.

Kelly L.
on 6/18/16 9:20 am

Congrats on breaking the stall and not giving up!   Stalls are a pain in the ass, but part of the journey unfortunately.   They are the hardest part I believe.

tjsterch
on 6/19/16 7:12 am
Revision on 04/18/16

I came on to post about breaking my stall finally after 3 and a half weeks. Then I read your post. I know I was pretty frustrated, you must have been too. Congratulations on keeping it going! Your post is inspirational and you are definitely not alone.

Big Hugs!!!

TJSterch 5'7 SW 284 lbs CW 210 lbs

Per month: 1st -24, 2nd -11, 3rd - 9, 4th -  8, 5th - 8, 6th - 4, 7th -2, 8th -7

seabexlose
on 6/19/16 10:27 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Oh my goodness, that was a long stall!  So glad the scale is moving again.

Most Active