This Journey..... I Won't Give Up

sweetiemimi318
on 7/11/16 4:47 am - Irving, TX
RNY on 08/22/16

This Journey started out exciting, now my doctor's office has me questioning again. I won't give up but sometimes a girl just has to let it out you know. I thought your docs office was supposed to work with you to make sure everything is accurate and no hiccups could happen. Well my surgery date was supposed to be today but was cancelled because my docs office miscalculated my appointments and I had to complete another one along with an end of program appointment which I completed on the 6th. My insurance company informed me on the 8th that the reached out to the doctors office to tell them they need the information before the 15th and they said they haven't received anything or heard word back. So I call them and the nurse said I can't submit anything for another week or two until the lady who types up the dictations from the doctor sends mine back and then she will submit. So my insurance said they might have to deny this case and start a new one when the information comes in which would take another 7-21 days to approve. I am so wishing I would have picked another doctor. I am beginning to think reviews are misleading.  :-( just had to let it out because this journey is having one obstacle after another with my docs office. 

pammieanne
on 7/11/16 5:37 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I'm so sorry! The waiting period is the worst, and then when you add in 'hiccups', it's only worse! Hang in there, and I hope they get everything straightened out for you!!!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

sweetiemimi318
on 7/11/16 3:31 pm - Irving, TX
RNY on 08/22/16
On July 11, 2016 at 12:37 PM Pacific Time, pammieanne wrote:

I'm so sorry! The waiting period is the worst, and then when you add in 'hiccups', it's only worse! Hang in there, and I hope they get everything straightened out for you!!!

thanks pammie. I hope so too. ;-) 

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/16 6:19 am

Waiting is the hardest part. I know our emotions do carry us away sometimes. We make the choice to have surgery and we want it yesterday. 

I know this is cliche but it will all fall into place. 

Keep coming back here and get support and give support it does help. 

Best Wishes to you

Laura in Texas
on 7/11/16 6:35 am

I think the most important thing we can do is find a great surgeon. Many of them have crappy office staff, but we have to believe in their cutting skills. We can find after-care elsewhere if need be. Hopefully your surgeon is a good surgeon.

I hope it all gets worked out soon!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

acbbrown
on 7/11/16 9:56 am - Granada Hills, CA

I swear the pre op waiting is a test of patience to see if we can handle life post op. We will always have stress/obstacles and we have to learn not to eat over it. 

You never know if there's a reason out in the universe why things happened - maybe if you had your surgery now, something might have happened ?

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/16 11:28 am

So sorry you are going through this. As others have said the waiting is the worst. Does your Drs office realize they may to start this all over with the ins co if they don't get that paperwork in. In other words the Drs office will have to do some of the paperwork twice and make themselves more work. Sad to say they might care more about that than about you waiting (sorry).

Hang in there, it is worth everything you go through in the end.

Most Active