Aug. 2nd date for VSG.....

wejhead
on 7/18/16 5:45 pm - WA

it seems like it's been a long time coming, but, I looked back at my calendar and my bariatric seminar was March 24th. Not that long ago after all. It does seem like forever ago, but considering I had no idea what Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy was I have learned an awful lot in a short time frame. At first I kept trying to figure out where the heck the "sleeve" went! Now I know where it goes....over my mouth hole. Ever since my first appointment with the nutritionist, I have been practicing eating very low carb, high protein mini meals.  Premier protein shakes, fish, mostly tuna in a can and cod, chicken, beef jerky, and sugar free popsicles for a treat have been my go foods. I take teeny bites, chew till it's all liquidy. It takes me an hour average to complete a meal. Knowing that after surgery this is going to be the norm and that IS the way it's going to stay! I am extremely focused. I have been keeping a journal regularly for 4 months now to the point it is automatic to do. I don't eat anything without writing it down. I don't own a smart phone, but pen and paper still work fine for me. I started this journey last Nov. 2015 when my Dad hired me a hypnotherapist. One thing led to another, and here we are. I started in Nov. @ 438, my high weight. 8 months later, I'm @ 365. That's a 73 pound loss! The picture on my home page here is when I was at my high weight area. I couldn't get off of that couch I'm sitting on without someones help. My BMI was 66 and change.  Today I'm eating around 800 cals a day, with 40g or less carbs and 130+ grams of protein and drinking nothing bu****er....lots of water. I start each day with an old apple juice container full of water, 96 ozs, and fill my  24 oz blender bottle 4 times a day. People tell me (including my PCP) that I don't need the surgery now. That I have it figured out! But the thing that is keeping me going so strong is knowing that surgery is coming, and I will be forced to stay on track! It's like a governor for my stomach. I don't care for pain much (and who does), and I don't want to injure myself either, so I will obey!  I signed up at this site April 25th 2016 and read this forum everyday. It's rare I say anything on here. I don't feel I know enough to instruct others. There are great people who have been here long enough to take care of that. My job right now is to learn. I've been taking everything in I read here  like a sponge. So when you write things on here, be aware you may be helping more people then you know. I'm one of the lurkers and am very thankful to the "instructors". Thanks to you I am ready. Just one more appointment before the big day, pre-op class, final physical, 1/2 an hour with the pysch, and 1/2 an hour with the NUT. Thanks again all who contribute on here. I'm not afraid. I'm looking forwared to continuing on my own journey!

Dean C. from the great state of Washington

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 7/18/16 6:50 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Awesome post man. Thanks for sharing, and great job on the actions youre taking to prepare yourself mentally thru habit and physically with the weight loss for your surgery :)

If you stay this focus, theres no reason you should not experience incredible success!

Chris

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

wejhead
on 7/18/16 7:15 pm - WA

Thank you Chris. I have read almost everything you've written on here, and even though not everything you say on here has been well received by EVERYBODY(I never understood that) I have gotten alot out of most of your postings.  I appreciate what new WLS patients say on here....You know the old saying, " A new broom sweeps cleaner". Meaning somebody who is new to this pays closer attention to some things that old timers may not practice as much anymore. Keep on posting on! i'm a believer.

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 7/19/16 5:24 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Thanks man, appreciate that :)

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

rachelp
on 7/19/16 5:41 am
VSG on 08/01/16

I've been lurking on here since 2005 and it was bad back then too with people jumping all over others. It turned me off of this site for a long time actually. I just have to say, I ended loosing weight and and decided not to have the surgery. I lost 125 lbs, which was great, but I gained it all back and some. So here I am again! You have your mind made up so I'm glad you are sticking with it!

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

wejhead
on 7/19/16 9:09 am - WA

Thank you Rachel...stay strong this time...you're so close. Less than 2 weeks and you'll be on the other side.  You can do it!

Murk
on 7/18/16 7:31 pm
VSG on 07/11/16

Good luck Dean! 

You're going to do great! Look how far you've already come!

wejhead
on 7/18/16 7:50 pm - WA

Thank you murk. I see your 1 week out. I hope it's been a positive experience so far!

Murk
on 7/18/16 9:25 pm
VSG on 07/11/16

Except for some after-effects from the anesthesia, it has been fairly easy so far.

May yours go equally as good! :)

April Parker
on 7/18/16 7:56 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Wow you have done so well! :) Good jjob and good luck!!! :)

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

Most Active