RV'ing after WLS?

Joy64
on 8/18/16 4:46 pm
RNY on 11/08/16

You look fantastic! And we're not far from you I think. I'm in St Louis (Florissant actually). Thanks for replying. It gives me hope. 

karenp8
on 8/18/16 5:58 pm - Brighton, IL

Yeah someone Close! We live in a little town near Alton so quite close. I had my surgery done at Depaul in Bridgeton by Dr Morales almost exactly 4 years ago. It has been so much better than I even Imagined! I've had no complications and all health issues are resolved except rheumatoid arthritis( but even that is way less painful!). After a lifetime of obesity even as a child I'm now a normal size person. I have saggy skin and will never be able to afford plastics but I look dano good for nearly 57 years old and feel better than I did at 25. Only regret truly is not doing it sooner!

Joy64
on 8/18/16 6:37 pm
RNY on 11/08/16

Wow, that's so great! I'm scheduled to see Dr Morales next Thursday for the first time. It's great to "meet" someone who's been to him. I have OA that started up about 2 years ago and I'm hoping less weight will help that. 

karenp8
on 8/18/16 6:53 pm - Brighton, IL

Dr Morales is very nice and makes you feel very much at ease. He has lots of experience and it truly shows. His staff is great too and since you are close their support group meets in the May Center and is great too. If I were closer I would go every month and I did for the first 11/2 years. It's about an 11/2 hours drive for me one way so I haven't been for quite some time. I have an appointment for my 4 year appointment on the 29th. I love going to the doctor now and stepping on the scale. It's a totally new experience I never get tired of!

rocky513
on 8/18/16 4:07 pm - WI

We have a 35 foot fifth wheel. Several years ago we spent a month traveling out east.  We started in Massachusetts.  Then we went to Philadelphia, Gettysburg, and took our time coming home to Wisconsin.  I love traveling in the RV!  I can plan my meals and stock the fridge with WLS friendly foods.  My hubby and I are gone almost every weekend from spring through fall.  We love to hike, so we park the rig at state parks with lots of trails.  Since WLS I have much more stamina and run circles around my husband, who has never had a weight problem.  RVing in my preferred way to vacation.  I bring all the comforts of home with me.  It's great!

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

karenp8
on 8/18/16 4:35 pm - Brighton, IL

Beautiful 5th wheel,Rocky! We love camping too and if I didn't have volunteer responsibilities like food pantry and senior meals we would be gone even more. Mid September we are heading to Minnesota where our oldest son lives and then to the quad cities area for two weeks. I can't wait!

Joy64
on 8/18/16 4:50 pm
RNY on 11/08/16

That trip sounds so wonderful! I'm mentally ready to go now but financially we have to wait a few more years. We're trying to decide what to get and are leaning towards a 5th wheel. Thanks for sharing! 

Otterwench
on 8/23/16 10:13 am - Camano Island, WA

I have been a "half-time" RVer since 2001, spending six months on the road every year. We downsized to a 21' Roadtrek in 2007.....and it is VERY compact! I weighed about 260 at the time and everything was a tad tight in the RV. In 2011 I had VSG surgery and over the next year lost 135+ pounds. I fit in the RV much better now, have kept off the weight, enjoy hiking and golf and other activities that used to be a chore. Makes the RV lifestyle much more pleasurable, for sure. BTW, we almost never use our RV shower, but use the shower facilities at various campgrounds.  RVing is doable despite your size, but it is much more fun if you have the energy to get out and do things, without packing around an extra hundred pounds!  Good luck!

Most Active