What is all that noise???

j3j3real
on 8/26/16 10:07 am
VSG on 08/19/16

Hey everybody,

I had my sleeve done on 8/19 and have found that my stomach talks more than a little bit these days. There is so much gurgling going on whenever I drink something. It mostly happens with my protein shakes. But I am doing the sips every 15 min but it is so weird because I am still learning my new stomach. I have 2 more weeks of the liquids only diet and I must say I'm over it. Some of this stuff like the sf jello just seems too sweet to me. I want to try new things on my tongue. Protein shakes are old, water is old, and crystal light is old. Lol then I had to switch acid reducers because pepcid is not working, which I hear can be why I still feel hungry at times. Not all the time but my stomach growls and gurgles still like it is throwing a temper tantrum or something. 

Then let's not talk about these staples that are driving me batty! Itch itch itch rash rash rash...Get out of my belly!

I think I'm going stir crazy from being at home. At this point, I would rather go to work. Now, that is shocking I know but I am here with my mother and let's just say yeah...no it's time to get back to the real world. 

Someone talk to me.   

z_m14
on 8/26/16 10:55 am
RNY on 07/05/16

From what I've read from others on the forum, the gurgling is the extra stomach acid. It'll eventually go away. 

Stomach acid can also mimic hunger, so that might be what you're experiencing.

I know what you mean about going stir-crazy at home. When I had my RNY in July, I HATED being at home constantly. It just got on my nerves, and I was bored to tears. You'll be back to your old routines in no time!

hollykim
on 8/26/16 2:02 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 26, 2016 at 5:07 PM Pacific Time, j3j3real wrote:

Hey everybody,

I had my sleeve done on 8/19 and have found that my stomach talks more than a little bit these days. There is so much gurgling going on whenever I drink something. It mostly happens with my protein shakes. But I am doing the sips every 15 min but it is so weird because I am still learning my new stomach. I have 2 more weeks of the liquids only diet and I must say I'm over it. Some of this stuff like the sf jello just seems too sweet to me. I want to try new things on my tongue. Protein shakes are old, water is old, and crystal light is old. Lol then I had to switch acid reducers because pepcid is not working, which I hear can be why I still feel hungry at times. Not all the time but my stomach growls and gurgles still like it is throwing a temper tantrum or something. 

Then let's not talk about these staples that are driving me batty! Itch itch itch rash rash rash...Get out of my belly!

I think I'm going stir crazy from being at home. At this point, I would rather go to work. Now, that is shocking I know but I am here with my mother and let's just say yeah...no it's time to get back to the real world. 

Someone talk to me.   

your new normal. My stomach still does this at 6 years out

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 8/28/16 5:40 am, edited 8/27/16 10:41 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I was able to go home after I had my one-week follow-up with my surgeon.  I made sure that I was off pain killers for at least 48 hours so I could be released to drive.  Once I was home in my normal environment I was more relaxed.  

When I had a differnt surgery, I did the same thing - although I needed some more pain meds when I got home.

There are some shows on youtube to watch.  I liked Fat Doctor - which is My 600 pound Life but British -so it feels differnent.  They measure weigh in stones.  There were 3 seasons of it posted.

You could sign up for Netflix or Amazon Prime for a month - they each have good shows to occupy the post-op mind.  Magazines were good - i was still in a post-anesthesia haze so a book required too much concentration.

Sharon

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1464 views