Carbs, Sugar Grams ???????????????

tracy O.
on 9/3/16 10:11 am, edited 9/3/16 10:19 am - shelby

I am waiting for a visit with bariatric Doc for a revision to RNY from VBG I thought I was doing good today all Protein and Water

Premier Protein Drink Chocolate

Premier Protein Bar

101.4 oz of water

1/4 cup of Cajun trail 

Protein and water great but when I put it in my calorie counter way to much sodium 1404 mg, carbs 44g , sugars 14g, Protein 101.64g  this is way to much what have I done wrong  

can somebody please help.

also with drinking this much water this morning I have terrible heartburn

VBG 2004 SW: 360   CW:260   GOAL WEIGHT: 150 - LOOKING INTO RNY

" LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS.....IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN "

ttfan
on 9/3/16 10:49 am
RNY on 08/15/16

Protein bars I find are to high in calories, trail mix has a lot of carbs,  dense protein is the way to go, just meat and you will lose weight!  Get rid of the carbs!  

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

tracy O.
on 9/3/16 10:57 am - shelby

thanks I thought I was doing good today but went the wrong way

" LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS.....IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN "

Lovely_Caprice
on 9/3/16 11:41 am

Protein bars are just like candy bars.

tracy O.
on 9/3/16 11:51 am - shelby

thanks for the help

White Dove
on 9/3/16 2:16 pm - Warren, OH

You ate less than 600 calories.  Most people consume 3400 grams of sodium and 300 grams of carbs per day.  I think you are doing great.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

NYMom222
on 9/3/16 7:35 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I wouldn't worry about the sodium. You got to over 100g of protein just on shakes and bars? You must have had more than one of each to get to 100g....

Why aren't you eating real food?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

tracy O.
on 9/4/16 3:24 am - shelby

I had one shake 30g, 1 bar 30g,  some pork BBQ  ? and Dannon triple zero yogurt 20g also had 5 liters of water. I have a really hard time eating meat that's why I go for the shakes and bars.

NYMom222
on 9/4/16 8:39 am
RNY on 07/23/14

OK some thoughts- I am not anti shakes, face it taste good, go down easy and get your protein in. Premier while I love them too, I only count as 20g of protein as they are not all whey isolate so you probably aren't absorbing it all. 20g/160 calories is still a good ratio.  If you find you're hungry though they are liquid calories, so in that case not necessarily the best choice. 

Not sure what protein bar you are eating for 30g protein, but it has to be high in calories and carbs. Just saying. 

General rule of thumb for every 10 calories should have 1 gram protein. This does not usually work out perfectly with bars... But I wouldn't go over 200 calories a bar or 5-6g sugar. 

I get the 'real food' can be hard... Small bites, chew well and then chew again, and eat slowly. 

Cottage cheese, eggs, tuna, are all real food too even if you are struggling with the denser proteins.

Protein has to be moist... So crockpot and pressure cookers can help there. Chicken thighs instead of breasts... And it's OK to use a little gravy, sauce, broth, or condiment to make it work. 

Not  sure why you're thinking of revision, but good luck 

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

jamrodriguez
on 9/8/16 10:54 pm

Personally I think your macros look fine. I try to stay under 50g of carbs and under 20g of sugar per day. I don't usually look at my sodium intake because in young and don't have any blood pressure issues, and whileeating under 900 calories a day there is no way I can take in enough sodium to do harm. 

I've seen some people on here who claim they try to stay under 20g of carbs per day... and while I have done such a feat once in a while, it's a bit unrealistic to me. 

I only do bars when I am short of time and just need something quick and convenient, and I stick to Quest bars because they are high in fiber and protein and fill me up like crazy. But they are quite high in calories, about 190 per bar. But I keep one in my purse and my desk and my glove compartment just in case I can't get to any real food.

That said, at 13 months out I still have at least 1-2 shakes a day because they are just the easiest way to get my protein intake. The other 1-2 times I eat consist of meat, dairy, and veggies. And I still am often above 40g of carbs per day. 

So like I said, your macros seem good to me. But you will be much more satisfied with real food rather than just doing shakes and bars all day everyday.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1511 views