Re-Gain and Re-Join of Obesity Help!

JEMilesATL
on 9/8/16 11:51 am

Hello all!

My name is Jamie Miles, I am a re-joiner of @ObesityHelp!!!!   I tried to change my old profile name (StockyBlueJM) and update my email address, but I couldn't figure it out, so I said SCREW IT, and created something new and fresh.

So who am I?   I am a Lap-Band patient.  I was banded in 2009 and lost about 110lbs and put about 40lbs in re-gain back!   I've had some scary medical issues recently (I thought it was band slippage...thankfully it is NOT) and I promised myself I was going to get back to my former svelt self and get back on track!   A renewed me and a new profile.   I used to LOVE coming to this blog and reading all of the posts.  I live in the Atlanta, Ga area and would love to expand my circle of Bariatric Buddies so if you are local, please do say hello!  

I'm a television, commercial and film actor (http://www.imdb.me/jamiemiles) and I credit my band to giving me the motivation and confidence to follow my dream.  I never followed it prior to my surgery.   I never knew I could do it because of my own self esteem.   (and to be fair, the Atlanta market had not grown to be what it is now several years ago.   Even though, I still wouldn't have gone after it because of my own self esteem.

I started a blog a few months ago called https://thebariatricactor.com/, so if you'd like to follow me there that is great as well!

Take Care all!   Looking forward to meeting new folks and making new friends, local or long distance!

Thank you! 

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/16 2:28 pm - CA

Welcome back, Jamie! 

I know you will find some people here on the boards and many people that have had regain are great about sharing their experiences.  I for one, have had regain as well.  I am working on losing it as well.   Feel free to add me as a friend on OH if you like.   

Best of luck on your path to losing the regain! 

~Nik

AnImperfectAngel
on 9/8/16 2:53 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Hi Jamie,

So glad you came back to OH. It has been my most valuable resource in my weight loss journey. Stay connected and keep us posted!

Best of luck to you.

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

Kathy S.
on 9/8/16 3:29 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Jamie! Welcome Back  

You have already taken the hardest step by saying enough is enough and now I want to get back on track.  Here are some steps I hope will help you. They helped me... 

Planning/Preparing

Remember when we were preparing for surgery?  How many meetings, classes and such did we attend?  We were told the more prepared we were the better our chances were for success.  And they were right. Go through the house, car and work place and get rid of trigger foods.  Stock up on foods that will keep you on track. I removed every bad carb/sugar temptation and replaced it with lots of protein, veggies, grains and fruits.

Journaling

Get back to journaling.  This will help you identify when you feel like eating, stress factors and any triggers in your life.  Once you identify these factors, this will help you put tools in place to keep you from eating.  It became clear I was not taking time for me anymore. I worked my day job and then spent the rest of my time caring for my husband.  It was easy to reach for fast, prepackaged food.  Since I purged my home I have to eat clean as there are no other options LOL

Use a tool to track you're eating and exercise like Getting Started with Health Tracker.  Once I started to track ever bite and drink it became clear why I had gained.

Goals/Rewards

Make a list of goals for yourself.  Make them realistic and small.  Some of mine were move more, purge all junk from my home, eat more protein.

Food

In general, a long term post-weight loss surgery eating plan includes foods that are high in protein, and low in fat?, calories, and sugar. Important, vitamins and minerals are provided as supplements. (if you had a different surgery adjust this to your food plan).

Water

Water is our Best Friend. I have to say I never went back to pop or any bad drinks, however I was drinking tea like crazy. What is wrong with drinking tea?  I was either using sugar or 3 equals and 3 sweet n lows per 32 ounce glass.  So I was either pushing to be diabetic or get cancer.  I found once I started carrying a bottle of water around 24/7 (yes had one at my bedside) I lost the cravings for the sugar and I KNOW those artificial sweeteners are not good for me. Look I am old and if you add up all the artificial sweeteners I have consumed I am sure I am at the rat in the lab getting cancer threshold.

MOVE!

I can't say enough about how key this was for me. The reason I kept my weight off for almost 10 years was no matter what, I kept moving.  If I could not go to the gym I would walk. I loved Zumba, bootcamp workouts, lifting weights. When I stopped, the weight started coming back.  So for me I am starting slow to avoid injury by walking and using some of the workouts on my Demand TV.  Find something you love to do and it won't feel like a pain in the *** to do daily.

Support

If it's an option "run" don't walk to a support group.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

acbbrown
on 9/8/16 4:45 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I had a pretty major regain of 90lbs. Down almost 70 in 9 months. It takes a lot of focus and determination to battle regain be it is particularly defeating mentally. 

Welcome and reach out!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

NYMom222
on 9/8/16 5:48 pm, edited 9/8/16 10:49 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Hi Jaime! You know me from last year and the tribe on FB... It is great to have a place to land daily.... I highly suggest the daily menu post on the RNY board... very fun, active, and they accept all ...... that and daily weighing help keep me accountable... keeps my head in the game.

We are never cured #myfatgirlmentality... so I stick around...hope you do too!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

supershopper
on 9/9/16 12:06 pm

Welcome back. I'm an Atlanta person also.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active