The Fight is Back On

huskergalWsD
on 10/16/16 9:30 am

I evidently have stretched my pouch. Man can I ever eat, anything, and lots more, no dumping.  Have gained 20 lbs, I am 9 1/2 years post op. I maintained for over 8 years but in the last 6 months I have eaten everything in sight, not exercising because of injuries and stress. I'm certain I could not eat as I did pre op, I could eat a whole large one topping pizza by self.

I am thinking of separating from my boyfriend of 6 years ( like a time out) for awhile as the temptations when I am with him are getting harder and harder to stick to my weight loss . I believe my menopause and age  and unability to argue with people around me have made me weak to say NO to people. My health makes me weak also, 11 heart surgeries , high blood pressure is not a good thing to argue with anyone. My blood pressure would go out of the roof and cause another heart attack. Hate when you have to use food to mingle. The wrong kinds of food at that. This summer I met my 1/2 brother for the first time. He is 53 and I am 59. He came 1,500 miles to meet me. I tried to explain I did not want to stop at Hardees for supper like he wanted (we were camping out)  He would tell me dieting is not for vacations. I was upset big time that he could not respect my wishes to just eat the food I had prepared ahead of time that is healthier. Just an example what I have been dealing with.

I believe I can still get back on track and lose that 20lbs..But the fight is back on.. A few  positive words would be nice from some post op people here. Put that positive ness back, how is everyone doing 8 years + post op?  Have a happy Halloween. I am passing out boxes of cracker jacks for Halloween....PeaceV Wendy   Oh yea I rode horse yesterday for 6 hours. I am sore today for sure.

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 10/16/16 9:52 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Looks like you had  great horse-back ride!

I am about 2 years out, so I have not been as far as you, that being said, I can listen/read what you have to say and give you my insight (and you can do with it what you like).   People who have not had a long-term weight issue AND had WLS do not have a clue what a WLSer has to do long term.  They will never understand and will say nonsense things like your HB said.  They do not mean to sabatogue your efforts they are just ignorant of the facts of WLS.   So, do not engage with them - they will never understand...  Just do what you need to do - remember those rules when you first started.  And it is unlikely that they will want to eat what you eat. 

To your HB -- "Oh, you want to go to Hardees, you can go through the drive through because I already have what I need to eat and then we can eat in the car or at a picnic table" (that way there is less temptation than taking your food into Hardees (which is OK because your HB was buying.)) 

Good luck - it sounds ass though you really want to recover from this slip.  Have you been in to have your labs, etc, checked.  You might also want to go to a few Supprt Grp meetings and be around a bunch f people who kist had surgery and get those vibes going again for you.

Best wishes - I'm sure you can get back on track.

Sharon

JaxLiving
on 10/16/16 10:30 am - Spanish Fort, AL
RNY on 05/27/16

Newbie here -- only 5-1/2 months post-op, but just wanted to say good luck! Twenty pounds is not that much -- you can do this!!

SW:223, CW: 134.2; GW: 125, RNY: 5/27/16

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/16/16 2:33 pm, edited 10/16/16 9:42 pm

I can eat out almost anywhere these days and maintain my diet. 

Low carb diet is my main concern. I don't wory about low fat. You can't do low carb and low fat ..it is one or another. 

Herders? Sure... Get 2 of any of 2 sandwiches and eat the insides ...skip the bread. Pizza place - any topings of pizza and most of the pizza places have wings... I get dry rub wings, celery and sauce.. Often I can't even finish one serving... 

Low carbs is my to go food choices. I have to force some carbs in me to stop losing. Fruits... I pick fruits.. Or dark chocolate..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/17/16 8:34 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I too can eat most of a pizza if I try. It's mostly carb, slider food. Try eating a plate of nothing but chicken and I'm willing to bet you'll find you have the same (mature) capacity as always.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kathy S.
on 10/17/16 1:20 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

WE are here for you!  I think you have seen my get back on track basics list hundreds of times but if want, let me know and I will send it to you.  Life stresses are the worse no matter how far out we are.  Have you ever noticed it's not just one life challenge at a time it's an avalanche

I found the more protein I ate and very low carbs the less I was hungry and felt full.  Carbs just made me eat more and more. Get back to the basics one step at a time and before you know it you will be losing again.

One more thing I noticed planning really helped.  When I was stressed, caring for my husband I didn't have time for me. But, if you take one day out of the week and shop with a battle plan in mind it will help.  If I went to the kitchen wanting to eat if the junk was not there I ended up coming out with a good choice.  Make meals, ahead and keep high protein snacks handy.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1437 views