Apollo endosurgery...does it work?

Mary Gee
on 10/18/16 5:35 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Why do you "vets" always have to put you two cents in?  OP only wants to hear from people who "HAD THE PROCEDURE".  Out of 227 views, only one person responded saying they knew someone who HAD THE PROCEDURE.  OP originally posted about "THE PROCEDURE" back in 2013.... still researching it I guess.  She doesn't want any other input.  Geesh guys, lay off!!      Follow the instructions you were given.  You think this a public forum? 

Good Luck to the OP. 

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

seattledeb
on 10/18/16 8:25 pm

SO it doesn't count if I can spell PROCEDURE?

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/19/16 12:12 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You have been warned.  Do not offer any advice other than what the OP wants to hear.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

hollyround2
on 8/18/20 10:48 am - Gastonia, NC

What if she wanted to know how to shoot herself in the head and did not want anyone commenting who was previously suicidal and got help and got better?? I sure would want some "vets" to comment even though it wasnt what I wanted to hear. Is that not the point of obesity support groups in the 1st place? Just a thought.

Kathy S.
on 10/19/16 12:08 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Tri_Harder,

I know you want to speak to someone that had this procedure.  Here is a link to a couple of articles we did, check the references at the end of the articles and perhaps you can contact them to speak with others that had this procedure.  You can also, put your city to search for any surgeons in your area that does the procedure and again they may have some patients you can speak with that had it.

Good Luck To you!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/?s=Apollo+endosurgery

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

tinker916
on 2/8/18 7:15 pm

Tri - I had the Apollo in March last year. I never felt the effects the surgeon promised and I was working on the diet. But I never felt 'full' and there is no dumping whatsoever.

CookieCrumbs10
on 8/12/18 4:53 pm - Merrillville , IN
Revision on 01/30/18

I had the Apollo Overstitch Surgery this past January. I lost about 12 lbs pre-surgery and about 20 after. I don't feel like my stomach is smaller.

My original RNY was 08/08/01and I lost 110 lbs but started to regain after a decade.

Vsteg
on 12/28/18 6:34 pm
RNY on 04/13/16

I just had the apollo done on December 18th 2018. Had restriction feeling right away. Not so much right now. I had rouen -y in 2016. They changed the diet with the apollo where i am at and you are on protein shakes 3 times daily for 5 weeks and pure liquids. Before you start pureed meat. It's very challenging. And my insurance didnt cover it. Im praying it works.

Nicole8978
on 11/28/21 6:37 am

I had the Apollo Overstitch program in May of 2021. Almost immediately I felt FINE. Too fine in fact. I was on a liquid diet for three weeks so I did start dropping weight and with the program I received nutritional coaching. With the nutrition part I was dropping weight but honestly I felt no difference in my stomach. For months I told this to the surgeon as well as all the coaches. Finally after months and months of being told to try this or try that I kept loosing weight while still telling them I FELT NO DIFFERENCE. I had to explain that the surgery and the nutrition where part of the program but they were different parts. Finally in November I got them to listen to me and they went in with another endoscope and found that all the stitches were gone and they redid the procedure. This time I feel it. I feel my stomach smaller. I feel the liquid in it. My entire life I've never felt full and finally this time I notice the change. I lost about 30 lbs between May and Nov and after the revision I've already lost another 10 lbs. I had about three days of slowed down activity and then was fine.

Most Active