Thursday *****fest-- 11/03/16

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/3/16 10:55 am
RNY on 08/05/19

***** (/biCH/): noun, informal. To express displeasure; grumble.

What's on your mind, OH? Incompetent coworkers? Obnoxious neighbors? Clueless significant other? Pissed off by world events? Keeping it inside is unhealthy.

Haven't had one of these in a while, hopefully everybody's got some stuff stored up to ***** about!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

on 11/3/16 10:57 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Numero uno: I walked off and left my phone on the kitchen counter this morning. CRAP. I remembered my son's lunch, my purse, and all that stuff, but no phone, and by the time I figured it out, it wasn't worth adding another half-hour to my commute to go back and get it. Dammit, Julie, way to fail!

Numero dos: I'm working with a very demanding client, and they're VERY picky about formatting and whatnot of their reports. I need to put out about 60 Excel files for them, all using the same template but using different data. And I'm TERRIFIED to actually do it because I'm afraid they'll come back and yell at me about mistakes. It's seriously affecting my mental health, I'm jumpy as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, and it's REEEEEALLY hard to motivate myself and get it done, even though the sooner I finish the sooner I can breathe. I dread every ring of my phone, that's no way to live at work!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 11/3/16 11:02 am

Eek. Excel makes me break out in a cold sweat. I'm sorry they are so persnickety.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Theduffman27
on 11/3/16 12:09 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

eeeccckkk is right, we are getting ready to transition to Office 365. Good luck with your reports!

Theduffman27
on 11/3/16 12:08 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

You know what really fires me up...not having the Thursday *****fest! LOL....

on 11/3/16 1:24 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Well here it is, so you can't ***** about that any longer! :-p

roxytrim
on 11/3/16 12:21 pm, edited 11/3/16 5:22 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

People's terrible timing for dying...yes you read it correctly dying.  My very nice person niece is finally having her dream wedding at 42 years old to her fella she has been dating for 4 years and the wedding has been in the planning stages for a year.  Everyone should be excited and wanting a great party in the depths of deep dark November...right?  Well, her father-in-law DIED this morning at 4 a.m., the wedding "celebrations" start tomorrow.

My lovely niece also has the crappiest charma ever.  Wedding/Funeral anyone???

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/16 12:56 pm

I am so sorry. It really sucks when something like this happens. My mom's sister died the day before my wedding. I loved her dearly. But one thing that drove me crazy was every time people would talk about my wedding. They associated my wedding with her death. 

She died before she was 43. This was 26 years ago today. 

I am sorry for her future husband and his family also. 

roxytrim
on 11/3/16 1:21 pm, edited 11/3/16 6:25 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Yea, that is what I thought would happen.  Their  memory of their anniversary will also be associated with a death.  Oh well, they will need to work at building new memories of their life together.

Nobody said life was gonna be a merry-go-round ride.

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/16 1:49 pm

Hopefully she is more grown up than I am to. I think I was bit of a baby to. 

Most Active