Love my Samsung Gear Fit 2 Fitness Tracker
I know that everyone will gravitate to the fitness tacker that matches with their goals - mine is the Samsung Gear FIt 2.
- I work on the 3rd floor of an old building with no elevators, so I wanted to track the flight of stairs that i do each day. (Last week, I averaged 24).
- On the weekends, after my planned activity, I can be a couch potato, and I drive alot, so I wanted a vibrating alert when I had been sedentary too long.
- I wanted to know my sleep patterns.
- I hate the ugly bands that come with most fitness trackers, so I wanted lots of bands available on the after market.
- I wanted some water resistance, if I could not ge****erproof.
- I wanted continuous Heart rate monitor.
Anyway - I hope everyone is as happy with their choice as I am with mine.
Whichever one you chose - make sure you order the screen protector when you get the tracker - I think they can take a beating.
The Fitbit Alta has most of those features, too. I am very competitive and love competing with friends. Most of mine have Fitbits.
Today most places have the Alta on sale for $99.
Laura in Texas
53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)
RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis
brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco
"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."
Hi Sharon -
I had one of those ugly Fitbits (Charge). I loved the features but hated the look, too. The one frustration I had with it was that in spin class, once I was sweating it would slip and lose the heart rate monitoring, so I was constantly rubbing my towel under the sensor.
I'm looking to buy a new one and wondering if you've seen this kind of thing with the Samsung?
VSG DATE 6/6/16 | SW 280 | CW 198 | GW 175 | HEIGHT 5'8 | AGE 55
ORIGINAL GOAL WEIGHT OF 175 MET: 12/6/17 (18 MONTHS POST OP)
NEW GOAL: LOSE 20 LB RE-GAIN
I am not sweating up a storm like you would in spinning class - yet - still recovering from plastic surgery, so I can't exactly say. However, the GF2 has a larger flat spot - I cannot image how it could rotate on the wrist if it were snug. The GF2 is a 2 inch long gizmo that you attach straps to - it is not one integrated unit like the charge HR.
I'll try to post a photo of them both.