6 mo. Surgiver

pr31
on 11/25/16 3:42 am

If you count by weeks, today I am officially 6 mo -op. Gone are 70 lbs. (121 lbs since my orientation class in Oct. last year) and 37.5 inches (unfortunately didn't take any measurements until surgery day). Here are some of the things I can do now that I couldn't before.

Have a normal BP

Got rid of the CPAP

Hike- went for a 4 mi hike in the mountains on Wednesday 

Go up a flight (or 2 or 3 without being winded) of stairs

Go for a 20 mi bike ride

Take nightly 3 mi walks

Keep up with DH when walking - always had to tell him to slow down even when walking very short distances 

Cross my legs

Sit at a booth and not a table without stressing if I'll fit

Be in public without feeling people are staring at me and making snide comments

Shop for clothes in a regular store - no more plus size

Wear some of my smalller clothes 

Get rid of all my size 24, 3X clothes - currently wearing 12-14 or medium/large depending on the cut

This has been such a positive journey so far. Still have about 40 lbs to goal but have come so far already.  Thanks so much to all the folks on this forum for all the support and advice. My center is good but I can come here anytime with just about any question and hear responses from people who have "been there done that."

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

Lisa F.
on 11/25/16 6:12 am
VSG on 06/06/16

Congratulations!! I'm 3 days behind you (June 6th) and share most of your NSVs. Not an easy road but definitely worth it. 

VSG DATE 6/6/16 | SW 280 | CW 198 | GW 175 | HEIGHT 5'8 | AGE 55

ORIGINAL GOAL WEIGHT OF 175 MET: 12/6/17 (18 MONTHS POST OP)

NEW GOAL: LOSE 20 LB RE-GAIN

neemblet
on 11/25/16 9:50 am
VSG on 12/13/16

So excited to share in those same milestones, I am 18 days till VSG surgery - my christmas gift to me and I cannot wait!  Since the orientation, I have lost just over 30 lbs, I can't wait to say good bye to the weight and start living a better life.  Thanks for sharing your accomplishments I cant wait to have the same.

Cheers,

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1399 views