Reactive Hypoglycemia and Seizures?

johns-wife
on 12/3/16 11:23 am

Do any other WLS grads deal with RH & seizures when you eat too many carbs or sweets?

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/3/16 4:15 pm

I used to deal with severe RH but I never got seizures from them as far as I know. I passed out a couple of times... 

An long term post op, she used to be on here , meltingmama - she used to say she got them due to RH. 

I think she has a website.. Goidgle her..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

butterflygirl
on 1/19/17 9:34 pm - Fargo, ND

Yes I did. It was an awful experience, where I had all this neurology tests after having a full blown seizure gran mal type. I even had to fight to get my license back. I had an endocrinologist that I already was working with where it was found to be RH. I don't have any more seizures anymore. I carry a glucagon pen in case and glucose tabs if I'm still coherent. The  low BS happens now when I have eaten out or at someone else's home where I don't know about the hidden sugars. 

Good luck!

momyshaver
on 9/3/18 7:51 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I had a scary episode last night several hours after eating something suspect, (long story short). I know enough about early and late dumping to know that it wasn't dumping. How would someone know if they had a seizure if they live alone or as a single parent if losing consciousness was involved?

Kathy S.
on 9/5/18 8:46 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

No seizures but yes, they are scary. I blacked out a few times as well. The worst was in Walmart and I felt shaky, hot and sweaty thinking to myself this is bad, what is it again? What do I do, I need to do something but can't remember what? The next thing I know I am sitting in the baking isle eating chocolate chips out of a bag. What was really sad? NO ONE stopped to help or ask if I was OK. Never shopped there again.

I now carry glucose tabs in my purse and have a big bottle in the house. It does not happen often as I try to avoid food choices to prevent it but sometimes it happens and as soon as I feel shaky I grab a couple.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1441 views