No psychiatric evaluation approval

Stacy_WLS
on 12/19/16 11:15 am

My psych eval was one of the worst experiences of my life.  It was 100% me going through the motions.  I had a counselor who i was working with things on, but I had to check this box.  The woman was cold, disconnected and IMHO terrible at her job.  She asked me the most personal questions over 2.5 hours while avoiding eye contact with me completely.  Then when she realized I had a date for the surgery already scheduled, told me she wasn't sure she would approve it.  It was a rough session, but I got through it and it got approved.  

I would talk to your surgeon.  Ask for their recommendation on how to proceed.  I would not recommend going back to someone who blind sided you like that.  If she really thought there was an issue -- then more than a "I don't think you would benefit from it" is required as a response.  I would push her hard for details on why -- after all you and your insurance are paying her.  

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

One Bad Beach
on 12/19/16 12:12 pm
RNY on 11/28/16

I did mine over the phone and had no trouble at all.  Here's the web address.  

BariatricPsychEvaluations.com

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

IceCreamDivorce
on 12/22/16 6:35 am

This was such useful information! I wish I knew it before. 

Karen P.
on 12/20/16 9:55 am

sounds like she just needs $$$ and is looking for a new client....find some one else ASAP.

Most Active