Will Insurance Deny me if I fall below 40 during 6mo diet- even after initial weigh-in above 40?

DubfromBP
on 1/15/17 9:08 am
VSG on 10/13/15

It is certainly an understandable concern.

I was told that my initial weight on the first appointment was the "official" weight that would be submitted at the end of the 6 months of medically supervised diet.

I was concerned that I'd not be able to trust things to fall into place were I to dip below 40 bmi.   

I had co-morbidities that would help me if it did fall below 40.

As it turned out I did not go the full time as I opted to self fund and the surgery date was rapidly moved up.  I did lose 55 lbs during this pre-op time and certainly could have done more.

It's something that you'll have to make darn sure of.  

It did feel good, though....to initiate serious weight loss and strut into surgery with some momentum.

I wish you the best in gaining your assurances and losing the weight.

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/15/17 8:03 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

You really have to check with your insurance. Some go by the start weight, others by the end one. I'd stay as close to 40 till I was sure what their requirements are. I don't think the ins needs proof that you failed at dieting, it just sounds like another ins hoop you have to jump thru.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1108 views