The former WLSResources/ClothingExchange here, banned elsewhere...

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 1/17/17 9:02 am, edited 1/17/17 9:29 am

...apparently for disagreeing with the owner's paternalistic and otherways inappropriate and capricious policies.  It may be that I've been thrown out of better places than that, so fiddle-dee-dee.  I'm looking forward to getting to know the people of Obesity Help and finding my way around the forums and the site in general.  All I want is to share info, support new surgery folks, bolster all when called for and have a good time. 

I've been a LapBander since 2009, with surgery on October 18 and again the 23rd.  We don't know exactly why the first band became colossally, scarily tight the morning after the first surgery, but I'm glad that my medical plan required the overnight stay.  My beloved surgeon wanted to wait to see if I might have internal swelling that would go down.  When there was no change by the third day, she reserved OR time for the next and installed a larger band.  I was great then.

In the first 15 months after surgery, I lost about 115 lbs and landed at the north end of Onederland.  An unusual event then sent me into a tizzy and the arms of crazy, emotional eating.  Over time I regained about 80 lbs.  Twice I got serious, but only to the tune of 25 lbs which I regained both times.  Last July I saw my NP again, had an adjustment and have lost about 35 so far.  I don't even care that the rate has been slow (my doing, because I still have days of overeating) as long as I'm on a downward trend.

I don't have a scale and won't until I want one.  As long as I eat on plan, I know I'm losing weight.  The only time I get on a scale is when I'm at a doctor's office, any kind of doctor.  The scales are all different, of course, but they tell me what I need to know.  I know that having a home scale will do nothing to keep me honest and accountable to myself.  It's my food tracker and my own head that call me on the carpet.

Now I'm in search of the people from the other place whose names I've already spotted here in OH.  One spotted me and sent a "friend" request.  Will one of you kind people please tell me how to follow through on it?  I looked, but didn't find the right thing.

Please come say "Hello!"

suzzzzz
on 1/17/17 9:21 am
VSG on 06/23/16

Welcome!  I am still figuring all the navigating tools here out, but lots of good folks nere. The OH regulars have been very welcoming.  I've not been banned yet but slowly working on it!  :-)

CC C.
on 1/17/17 9:26 am, edited 1/17/17 1:28 am

Hey there! I always liked your posts on BP (clc9 there).  To follow through on friend requests, click on the "gear" in the upper right corner, click on My Friends, then on Received to accept.

odie
on 1/17/17 9:27 am, edited 1/17/17 1:27 am
RNY on 05/26/14
On January 17, 2017 at 5:02 PM Pacific Time, NYC-Hot-Stuff wrote:

...apparently for disagreeing with the owner's paternalistic and otherways inappropriate and capricious policies.  It may be that I've been thrown out of better places than that, so fiddle-dee-dee.  I'm looking forward to getting to know the people of Obesity Help and finding my way around the forums and the site in general.  All I want is to share info, support new surgery folks, bolster all when called for and have a good time. 

I've been a LapBander since 2009, with surgery on October 18 and again the 23rd.  We don't know exactly why the first band became colossally, scarily tight the morning after the first surgery, but I'm glad that my medical plan required the overnight stay.  My beloved surgeon wanted to wait to see if I might have internal swelling that would go down.  When there was no change by the third day, she reserved OR time for the next and installed a larger band.  I was great then.

In the first 15 months after surgery, I lost about 115 lbs and landed at the north end of Onederland.  An unusual event then sent me into a tizzy and the arms of crazy, emotional eating.  Over time I regained about 80 lbs.  Twice I got serious, but only to the tune of 25 lbs which I regained both times.  Last July I saw my NP again, had an adjustment and have lost about 35 so far.  I don't even care that the rate has been slow (my doing, because I still have days of overeating) as long as I'm on a downward trend.

I don't have a scale and won't until I want one.  As long as I eat on plan, I know I'm losing weight.  The only time I get on a scale is when I'm at a doctor's office, any kind of doctor.  The scales are all different, of course, but they tell me what I need to know.  I know that having a home scale will do nothing to keep me honest and accountable to myself.  It's my food tracker and my own head that call me on the carpet.

Now I'm in search of the people from the other place whose names I've already spotted here in OH.  One spotted me and sent a "friend" request.  Will one of you kind people please tell me how to follow through on it?  I looked, but didn't find the right thing.

Please come say "Hello!"

Cot ow  mqun r o

Go to the top right hand corner, there is a little envelope.  Click on it and it will bring you to messages.  Then click in the little box under the message and it will ask you to respond.

Go to one of Lipsticklady's posts and underneath her message is a link to follow which is another group most of the previous BP people are located also.

I hope this is right! lol

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 1/17/17 9:37 am

There are 5,000 reply buttons here.  I hope I got the right one. 

Hello, Cecily, Suzzzzz, Odie.  You are fast.  So far I discovered that it's possible to edit and hope it's forever, unlike you-know-where.

I did see the link to Real Talk under a post by Lipstick.  It took me to a screen that only said it was a private group, but no way to ask to join.  I sent a note to her (I think I was in a place to send one) to ask about it.

I hope you see this because I don't know if there's a feature similar to included an @ with screen names as in the other website. 

suzzzzz
on 1/17/17 4:42 pm
VSG on 06/23/16
On January 17, 2017 at 5:37 PM Pacific Time, NYC-Hot-Stuff wrote:

There are 5,000 reply buttons here.  I hope I got the right one. 

Hello, Cecily, Suzzzzz, Odie.  You are fast.  So far I discovered that it's possible to edit and hope it's forever, unlike you-know-where.

I did see the link to Real Talk under a post by Lipstick.  It took me to a screen that only said it was a private group, but no way to ask to join.  I sent a note to her (I think I was in a place to send one) to ask about it.

I hope you see this because I don't know if there's a feature similar to included an @ with screen names as in the other website. 

Just hours after I said I wasn't banned yet, I got the ax at BP. HaHa.

There is a link at the bottom of any post from Lipstick Lady to join the group. Try that.

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 1/18/17 8:19 am

The link wasn't working for me.  Kathy S. discovered a glitch in Safari and had it corrected.  I'm in now.

Someone at the other site seems to have that two-year old emotional level that Trump has.

peachpie
on 1/17/17 9:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hi- I was (am) a BP member (dhrguru) but quit following posting there sometime ago. Welcome to OH.  

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 1/17/17 12:41 pm

Peach Pie!  I very well remember you and did notice that you'd disappeared.  It was I who had a grand old time teasing you about the top of your husband's head for some time after you wrote about it.  It is so good to see you again.

peachpie
on 1/17/17 1:19 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

:-) now don't you go bringing up my BP skeletons out of the closet, they think I'm normal here!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI