Joining New Groups

odie
on 1/18/17 10:37 am
RNY on 05/26/14

Can someone tell me how to go about joining some existing groups?

To Thine Own Self Be True!!

ladygodiva1228
on 1/18/17 10:46 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

If you go to the top of the page where it says community and run your mouse over it there are different choices.  At the bottom is groups.  Look through them for the ones you want to join.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

odie
on 1/18/17 11:00 am
RNY on 05/26/14

I always look at forums

RNY

Ontario, Canada

I can't find these under groups.  Or maybe you can't join Forums?

Kathy S.
on 1/18/17 11:11 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi odie,

There is a difference between groups and forums. Forums are public and open where you can create threads and reply to existing threads.  If you are asking where those are here are the links:

Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY)
Ontario Forum

I found these by putting my cursor on the word Forums and a pop list appears.  If you want to see all the forums, click the option in the bottom right of the pop up and click All Forums.

Groups is a feature for us members to create our own group. It can be public and or private.  For example I have a group called Get Back On Track.  There are a lot of us that love our instant pots and there is a group that have a ton of recipes.

To see a list of groups as the other member said click Community, groups and check them out.

If you need anything else let me know.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

odie
on 1/18/17 11:15 am
RNY on 05/26/14
On January 18, 2017 at 7:09 PM Pacific Time, Kathy S. wrote:

Hi odie,

There is a difference between groups and forums. Forums are public and open where you can create threads and reply to existing threads.  If you are asking where those are here are the links:

Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY)
Ontario Forum

I found these by putting my cursor on the word Forums and a pop up appears. You have a list that appears.  If you want to see all the forums we have click the option in the bottom right of the pop up and click All Forums.

Groups is a feature for us members to create their own group. It can be public and or private.  For example I have a group called Get Back Track.  There are a lot of us that love our instant pots and there is a group that has a ton of recipes.

To see a list of groups as the other member said click Community, groups and check them out.

If you need anything else let me know.

Yes, this is how I generally see these forums!!  Thank you and during my search i discovered the Instant Pot Group!!  I just got one and so did a lot of other people while at BariatricPal thanks to LipstickLady!!  I also got an AirFryer which is absolutely terrific!  I've done a roast of beef and wings in my Air Fryer and they were delicious.  The wings came out crispy, just like deep fried in a restaurant and clean up is super easy!!

I'm waiting for an accept from the Instant Pot group!  Thanks for your help, you're great!

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/17 11:22 am - CA

LOVE my Phillips Airfryer!  

Kathy S.
on 1/18/17 11:35 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I had not heard of an air fryer.....hmmmmm when is the next Amazon deal of the day?

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

odie
on 1/18/17 11:41 am
RNY on 05/26/14
On January 18, 2017 at 7:35 PM Pacific Time, Kathy S. wrote:

I had not heard of an air fryer.....hmmmmm when is the next Amazon deal of the day?

I got The Big Boss and it was about $85.00 Canadian so would be even less in the US.  Big Boss had really good reviews.  My son's brother who is only 2 yrs older, had a heart attack so this way of cooking is good for both of us!!

ChristineB
on 1/18/17 4:10 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On January 18, 2017 at 7:35 PM Pacific Time, Kathy S. wrote:

An air fryer is nothing more than a convection oven whether it be a table top model or a built in wall oven unit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_fryer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convection_oven

They both circulate hot air in/around the food to be cooked. In my opinion they are are messy to clean up. I have NEVER even used my convection oven option on my wall ovens. I did use a loaned table top convection oven and will never buy/use one again. My time is too valuable for me to be cleaning appliances. I use good old fashioned cooking methods for my food because the time my husband has on this earth is limited and I do not want to be cleaning appliances.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

odie
on 1/18/17 4:33 pm
RNY on 05/26/14

All of my parts, except for the lid, goes in the dishwasher!!

And I'm sorry about your husband.  That's hard.

Most Active