10 Years Ago 3/19/07

huskergalWsD
on 3/19/17 7:16 am

I started WLS 10 years ago today. I'm alive. I was Born to Be Alive..lol. uh oh, now i will have that song stuck in my head all day..lol..Did I say 10 years??? WoW, times fly's. Ask me anything. PeaceV...Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Renee C.
on 3/19/17 8:41 am - Bellevue, WA
Revision on 02/01/17

Wow, you have had a lot of heart attacks! Glad to see you are still here with us. Do you think the surgery helped with your heart?

Heart issues run in my family, on the side I take after. I'm hoping that if I can get down to a reasonable weight, exercise regularly, and eat properly that I can avoid the heart issues at least for awhile longer than is usual for the rest of the family. (along with putting diabetes into remission which everyone also has on that side of the family). Genetics might override all of this, I don't know.

Band removal & RNY Feb 1 2017

huskergalWsD
on 3/19/17 9:38 am

Helped with my heart? Hhmmm, Interesting question, you would think someone like me would answer that as a simple YES it did help with my heart. I'm sure it has helped some. I had Heart Issues "before" and "after" Wls. Open heart surgery just 2 yrs before Wls. 3 stents came after Wls. When you first start out with Rny Wls it is super hard more than the average because of the new eating changes you go through. Instead of eating 3 large meals a day, you eat several times small portions per day. I had a very hard time distinguishing the difference between dumping or am I having another heart attack. After 4 heart attacks (3 after Wls) starts getting a little easier to distinguish the difference..Dumping makes your heart pound harder. Heart attacks make your heart pound harder too.. For the most part I am calling it dumping if my heart starts pounding harder after eating too much of something I am not suppose to now. I still cant eat a whole peperoni pizza like before, I now eat 1 slice, and at 10 yrs P O , I get dumping eating 1 slice of pizza. I do like this question.Thanks for Asking

Life for me right now is 1 day at a time, lost 100 lbs , maintained for 9 years and resently regained 20 lbs which I am working on taking back off...5 lbs off so far

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1223 views